1954 BSA Tour of Britain Sports

Hi All,
I have purchased a second hand 1950/60's Cyclo Benelux Rear Derailleur & Gear Lever for Solo, Vintage Bicycle of eBay, and was told it would work on my 1/8" chain, but it is stamped 3/32 4 speed, will this be ok, my BSA is 4 speeds. The chain does fir through the space available??
Pete
PS Bruce could you send me the seat tube decal file if you still have it, i have purchased the withe decal paper now.
Also it might be worth having a section where we could up-load files??

Bruce
i have sent you the PM, also have you put your mudguards on yet, are they white or black? I think mine were white but can only find black on ebay??
Pete

y6GVRTBH":12159om3 said:
Bruce
i have sent you the PM, also have you put your mudguards on yet, are they white or black? I think mine were white but can only find black on ebay??
Pete

No PM here, but I got an email on the 6th and replied to you, including the decal image, on the 9th.

You need white "Bluemels Lightweight" mudguards. They crop up on the bay now and then for around £25. I got a good set for £20 and an incomplete set for £8 - made a really good set from the 2, but I am going to keep them with the bike. I won't fit them, it looks much better without them, and I won't be going out in the rain anyway.

Bruce
many thanks, i will keep looking for white ones.
Sorry did not get the e-mail, maybe got caught in the junk mail, i will PM you again, just to be sure, and again many thanks for your help.
Pete

Re:

Here is my restoration of a Tour of Britain Sport. I was unable to establish an accurate age for the frame but the owner had changed the spec several times as the parts wore out or his needs changed. He wasn't, therefore, too worried about originality and we decided to go for black with BMC old English white for head and seat tube panel.
The photos show before and after. The frame was stripped and painted then decals added. They are from H Lloyd with the exception of the rainbow bands which are individually applied vinyl pinstripes. The whole lot was then clear coated. The front light is a Union dynamo light which are still produced.
The wheels are Campag Record hubs with DT stainless spokes and Rigida 27" rims.

Attachments

• finished 1.jpg
    finished 1.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 1,006
  • before 1.jpg
    before 1.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 1,006
Re:

More photos

Attachments

• finished 2.jpg
    finished 2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 1,006
  • finished 3.jpg
    finished 3.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 1,006
  • before 2.jpg
    before 2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,005
  • before 3.jpg
    before 3.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,006
The paint scheme and head badge are both post BSA... So a Raleigh/BSA.
Nice reproduction decals. I need some myself.
Great pictures.

Latest posts

Back