1952 Johnny Berry - complete bike - what's it worth?

PaulBecks

Dirt Disciple
I've had this stashed in the loft with a view to cruising the streets of Manchester this summer but a forced priority has ended my plans.

Overall condition is very good with some surface rust on the top tube, chain stays and bb with the paint and decals being in very good order and bright for their age.

All parts are in great condition and are as follows;
GB Coureur + and Superhood + brakes in blue
GB type professional pedals inc leather straps
Brooks champion flyer B15 saddle
BH Airlite hubs
Williams cranks
Benelux gears
Bluemel's noweight guards

Pics on request as faffing in the loft on Mother's Day is off limits! ;)

Cheers Paul

Drop me an email via ride2@live.co.uk if poss

Sorry Mods, this should have gone in the 'what's it worth' section

Sounds very intriguing with all that lot on it! Really looking forward to the photos.

Are they actually GB pedals - or just the toeclips?

Johnny Berry bikes are highly sought after; I saw one go a couple of months ago, for c. £400 - with largely non-original fittings.

Johnny Berry was a really nice chap; I sometimes went into his shop in the early 70s. Another (excellent) shop was Pemberton's in Timperley - I've never even seen one of his frames for sale. Anyone remember Doug Hartley's in Altrincham ? (I'm not sure if he built his own frames).

I would equate Johnny Berry's frames to those built by Major Nichols; if placed on Ebay, a Johnny Berry bike such as this, would create a considerable amount of interest. They don't come up for sale very often at all - those who have them, tend to hold on to them.

Back