1938-1941 fillet brazed New World racer

Nabeaquam

BoTM Winner
Chicago Schwinn made the New World to compete with high quality English lightweight bicycles that were popular in the USA. They made racer models but scant information seems to be available. They made Superior and Paramount models that looked the same but used higher quality and lighter tubing. The New World was a tank in comparison. The New world track models were no really track bikes, they were too heavy and didn’t have the proper geometry. I found a reference that mentioned that they were used as rental track racers. Try it, see if you like it. This one was missing the wood wheels and the bars were pretty badly bent on both side. It was very rusty so I re sprayed it in the original color. Experts can tell it’s a re spray because there are no pinstripes. 83C0EF8D-CEC8-42B3-A11A-1D6F28189CF2.jpeg

I’ll have to take it down, lower it with my hoist. I’ll do that. I haven’t ridden it for two years. It’s good fun to ride it on the Munising bike path out to the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. Hopefully I can do that in the spring. This bike came with anything you ordered. I’ve seen phots of one with track bars, and a chain guard. you could get it with a cottered crank, but unlike euro models it used 1/2 inch pedal spindles instead of 9/16.

I’ll have to take it down, lower it with my hoist. I’ll do that. I haven’t ridden it for two years. It’s good fun to ride it on the Munising bike path out to the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. Hopefully I can do that in the spring. This bike came with anything you ordered. I’ve seen phots of one with track bars, and a chain guard. you could get it with a cottered crank, but unlike euro models it used 1/2 inch pedal spindles instead of 9/16.
Concentrate on getting fit and well again :)

Back