1935 Schwinn Excelsior Klunker Redux on P6

cchris2lou":3f1eb71s said:
I have some very old rims , i ll check what they are .

That would be great- those ebay rims keep slipping from my grasp! Looking for 2.125 or 1.75 width with 36 holes if you have owt??

Cheers
Si

Looks nice.

Although UniRoyal is out of business, I have seen reproductions of the UniRoyal Nobby that graced every klunker until real tyres arrived.

Repack Rider":3nhnga7i said:
Looks nice.

Although UniRoyal is out of business, I have seen reproductions of the UniRoyal Nobby that graced every klunker until real tyres arrived.

I've been looking for Nobbys everywhere but to no avail. Wheelrims are also proving tricky to get hold of over here and all the US sellers that have had them on the 'bay lately won't send them over because of the postal costs involved.

I will prevail. I can't wait to get it finished now and try it out around my local trails. I can start planning my trip to take it to its spiritual home- Mt. Tam once I'm happy with it. It will be a real dream come true to follow in the wheeltracks of our founding fathers on an authentic bike :cool:

Si

Dr S":1kv7qtse said:
Repack Rider":1kv7qtse said:
Looks nice.

I've been looking for Nobbys everywhere but to no avail. Wheelrims are also proving tricky to get hold of over here and all the US sellers that have had them on the 'bay lately won't send them over because of the postal costs involved.

I will prevail. I can't wait to get it finished now and try it out around my local trails. I can start planning my trip to take it to its spiritual home- Mt. Tam once I'm happy with it. It will be a real dream come true to follow in the wheeltracks of our founding fathers on an authentic bike :cool:

Si

that would be cool - i'm watching a schwinn on our auction site here at the moment

taking my eldridge grade to ride the eldridge grade later this year!!!

Quick update and a sneeky peek at the colour I have chosen.

I now have all the parts to complete excluding cranks which are in the post and the wheels which should be here soon. I have taken some liberties on this as I want it to be a rider.... so tyres will be modern Kenda Nevegal 2.5s and pedals are BMX style bear traps, chain is a new SRAM on thre will be modern ODI grips going on.
As I'm waiting for the last few parts to arrive I have decided to push on with the repaint. I've mixed a custom colour to go with the cream darts.. its a nice violet with a red pearl laquer over the top. Heres a sneek of the finished forks. As usual the pic doesn't pic up the red pearl but they do look awesome in the flesh. Hope you like??

3431045363_0c96cd0095.jpg

3431043035_a0fa8c32f8.jpg

3431050617_f39a5de2c2.jpg

Big thanks this week to Hairstream who posted out a nice Ashtabula stem for me- cheers dude!

Si

Back