Really nice dog!

Btw, the bike looks really nice Si, a True lightweight steeler :twisted:
A bike to hammer the singletrack!

Jan

Really nice dog!

Btw, the bike looks really nice Si, a True lightweight steeler :twisted:
A bike to hammer the singletrack!

Jan

Si looking awesome mate- &20lbs is super light.

But remember patina is good!

If you have to spray something spray the sids red.

Cheers guys :) , the paint is staying :)

She's in her final incarnation now ;) , and very happy with her and my work is done.. :) , dont think I'll ever sell her :) :) , this was my dream bike for decades and finally its all true , its fantastic in every way :) :)

Been fine tuning the components for ages , testing each and every one whilst in the back of my head I wanted the bike sub 20lbs with rigid on, rideable, and bang on 20lbs with suspension :) ;) , and reliability was a must.. After all this is a mountain bike.. :) :)

And so the journey began ....

:cool:

I wanna know what they did to the SID's to make em lighter! Do I see a modern schrader top cap on the left leg (why)? Whats the weight?

A fantastic write-up there Si,

very interesting to see all the parts choices over time, and reckon you've got the final build (rigid and sus) pretty much perfect, especially now you've managed to source pretty much every WCS part possible/suitable :LOL:

Interested to know whether the Ritchey pedals have been tuned, and what chain that is........ ;)

Impressive stuff indeed :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I've throughly enjoyed reading this thread :D
Nice bike mate it's kinda inspiring me to score the ads for a project to strip down over winter and reasemble with TLC :)

Thanks very much guys,, :)

@ Mike, :) hi fella the fork weight is stupid light,, it was brought down from 1163g down to a feather weight of 1006grams.. ;) :cool: , All the internals have been re-worked and I'll go into more detail in a later thread :)

The modern schrader valves you see are just that..:) .. this was to allow the use of a modern pressure pump :), the alloys used was custom made for this fork.. ;)

@ Steve, cheers buddy.. I love the Ritchey made stuff, I remember bitd going to a trade show, and there was a ritchey stand with an unpainted ritchey frame, hung exclusively with ritchey stuff,, I remembered picking it up and :shock: :shock: I could not believe how light it was :) I really like Tom's thinking behind this :) , I've made a frame, now lets make the bits to go on it :) :cool: :cool:

The pedals have not been re-worked deliberately to keep the reliability and weight to the target.. :)

The details of the cassette and chain will be covered in the following thread.. :)

@ Richard... ;) Cheers mate, Its changed quite a bit since you last saw it, and is even lighter and more beautiful :)

@ puredead666 , Every part of the bike since I bought it has been stripped cleaned and reassembled to improve and modify.. :) I've decided not to re-fresh the parts or frame etc, as it has history and its deffo a rider.. :)

Inspirational she has been , and what a fantastic journey :) made ever more fantastic by the overwhelming help and friendships formed on here :)

Back