11ANTS Titanium Pinion P.12 LTHT 650B+

yo-eddy

Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
So, all that's "modern" but still looking great and riding like a dream.

- 11ANTS tarANTula titanium XL
- DVO 650B Diamond 150mm forks
- Pinion P.12 gearbox (great alternative for Rohloff)
- Gates Carbon drive
- 650B+ WTB Scraper rims and 2.8 Trailblazer tires
- Good old Hope hubs and brakes
- Thomson dropper/stem/bar

The excentric drop-out with integrated PM adapter "the axANTer®" to tension the Belt

Pinion P.12 gearbox, German quality, R&D'd at the Porsche gearbox facilities!

Too much to love here!

How do you find the Pinion compared with the Rohloff?

I've just started using a Rohloff (upgrade over an Alfine) and I'm really liking it. Keen to try a gearbox bike :)

letmetalktomark":zurgtbnx said:
Too much to love here!

How do you find the Pinion compared with the Rohloff?

I've just started using a Rohloff (upgrade over an Alfine) and I'm really liking it. Keen to try a gearbox bike :)

It's an even more dedicated choice as you need a frame with the Pinion interface. Riding it feels fairly the same as Rohloff, only without the noise in the lower gears.
Big advantage is the oppurtunity to run different wheelsets and sizes on the same platform relatively cheap.
Also a bit more weight but at a better place (the P.12 is 600 grams heavier than a Rohloff and has a higher range of gears but with slightly bigger steps).
After 9 years of Rohloff it's great to have an alternative :D

Cheers

Re:

If I was to splash out on something modern it would be on those lines......approved ;-)

THEFALLGUY":1b8wnzqb said:
How do the 27.5+ wheels ride?

Surprsingly nice, they roll smooth and give a LOT of extra grip and cushioning. From all the new "standards" this is one to stay imho. Gave me a very big smile :D

Can you compare riding it to Rohloff? - I had and Rohloff on a Kocmo for a 3-4 rides an i can't really get use to the shifting off-road, dosen't fell fast enough, want back to derailleur gears again..

stinus":37051adg said:
Can you compare riding it to Rohloff? - I had and Rohloff on a Kocmo for a 3-4 rides an i can't really get use to the shifting off-road, dosen't fell fast enough, want back to derailleur gears again..

Feel is very similar to Rohloff, just takes a bit more than 3 rides to get the maximum out of these systems. Once you get the hang of it, it shifts faster than any derailleur as you don't have to make a pedal stroke to get the gear engaged.

I only use my bikes ofroad ;)

Re:

My plan is to refit the rolhoff when the fall come - might get to like it, specially the easy cleaning!

but i'm still dreaming of a trigger shifter...

I use my bikes everywhere :cool:

Back