10th ANNIVERSARY FAT - new price

Harryburgundy":3m687add said:
:shock: Blimey. the drop outs are gorgeous...are all Fats like that :?:

in a word no. the later all steel built shockabilly has the nearest dropout shape to the 10th & even then its quite a bit thicker.
they're made of stainless steel & obviously date stamped to celebrate the 10th anniversary. I like the dropouts on the 10th, but personally the numbered leni fried anodnized titanium headtube is the nicest part :D

there werent 200 built by the way, more like 182.

scant":1xr5hx50 said:
Harryburgundy":1xr5hx50 said:
:shock: Blimey. the drop outs are gorgeous...are all Fats like that :?:

in a word no. the later all steel built shockabilly has the nearest dropout shape to the 10th & even then its quite a bit thicker.
they're made of stainless steel & obviously date stamped to celebrate the 10th anniversary. I like the dropouts on the 10th, but personally the numbered leni fried anodnized titanium headtube is the nicest part :D

there werent 200 built by the way, more like 182.

Yes, the machined dropouts are the same on all "newer" FATs, I guess after 1989 or so. (I does'nt have the proper encyclopedic knowledge about this.) The dropouts and the bullit-shaped backstays were made for more efficient transmission of power to the rear wheel.

FAT 10th

Seeing it built up by it's earlier owner across the pond...has got me even more interetsted now!...hopefully can arrange a viewing?...

johnson":30y2rpyj said:
scant":30y2rpyj said:
they're made of stainless steel

This I didn't know. Are all FAT dropouts stainless steel, og just the 10th.?

I believe just the 10th. too costly for normal production. thats why the 10th dropouts are only partially painted.

scant":ncmv2l7o said:
johnson":ncmv2l7o said:
scant":ncmv2l7o said:
they're made of stainless steel

This I didn't know. Are all FAT dropouts stainless steel, og just the 10th.?

I believe just the 10th. too costly for normal production. thats why the 10th dropouts are only partially painted.

Okay, it did cross my mind that they could be low-carbon steel, as they didn't have surface rust around the machined annual figures.

This must have been costly, not only for the stainless steel stock, but also the welding procedure and the mask-up for painting.

Is'nt the tubeset different from the Yo Eddys as well? Larger outer diameter and less wall thickness?? The frame is lighter?

Thanks!

Back