Wanted 1 1/4" Threaded Headset

akin

Retro Newbie
Looking for a 1 1/4" Threaded Headset. Preferably in silver.

Does anyone have something at a reasonable price?

I have seen a few stronglight X16's but am not familiar with taper roller bearings and assume they could not be serviced of replaced easily.

I've a Stronglight X-16 on a Cannondale - it's absolutely beautifully made. Feels like it's 'hewn' out of granite, yet it's pretty light. It'd probably take 20 years of abuse before anything needed replacing as it's so oversize and well made. Taper bearings are more durable than balls as well. You could probably buy replacement bearings anyway.
But if youngsspeed's XTR is tickling your pickle then bit their arm off!

@youngsspeed - Thanks for the offer, will discuss via message. But am UK based so there is a bit of an additional cost and shipping implication.

@TreaderSteve - Thanks for the advice on the Stronglight. Helpful to have some info about that headset and bearing set up.

I've a Stronglight X-16 on a Cannondale - it's absolutely beautifully made. Feels like it's 'hewn' out of granite, yet it's pretty light. It'd probably take 20 years of abuse before anything needed replacing as it's so oversize and well made. Taper bearings are more durable than balls as well. You could probably buy replacement bearings anyway.
But if youngsspeed's XTR is tickling your pickle then bit their arm off!

Great looking headset that

Back