£700 on a 2nd hand MTB what would you get?

Re:

Giant Trance?
I've ridden one and liked it a lot, should be able to find a used model in his price range.

Something Titanium and Retro :oops: But I don't like FS bikes.
Have you tried a 456C? Not that mine is for sale.

Re:

Hi

Thanks all for the advice...its got to be full suss...its got to be under £700...and he's not keen on the modern hydroformed frames...so after an evening of beer and bike chat...we came up with this...kinda retro looking full suss, reasonable price with good kit. Anyone know if they are any good? Any experiences good and bad?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121312270600? ... 1423.l2649

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Not bad. I serviced one for a workmate. Once set up they ride well. Plus as you say good spec.

Re:

At least he's honest about the condition of the bike, the only thing that concerns me is the Forks or the Rear Shock haven't been serviced in at least the past two years. As they are Fox they need to be serviced regularly and with it being "well used" I'd certainly spend the time checking it over before parting with any cash, as servicing the front and rear shocks could become costly.

Kind Regards

Liam

Latest posts

Back