£25 !!! 1992 Schwinn Paramount SDG series frameset - Collect

Rod_Saetan

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Really rather lovely 92 Schwinn Paramount series 70 PDG frameset comprising silver brazed and lugged Tange Prestige main frame (made in Japan) and Tange oversized ultralight fork. Frame paint is in good condition on the whole except for the top tube which has a lot of scarring and a couple of deeper scratches, there is a small (1mm) ding in the top of the down tube too and some other marks - plenty of picture blow indicating condition. I have seen a lot of higher end steel MTB framesets and this is among the lighter ones, I would say it is on a par to the MB zip/getting close to a P series (will update thread with weight when I find the bit of paper I wrote it on!). Schwinn contracted the frames out to Waterford who built these in Japan using the same construction methods as the US built custom/semi-custom bikes they sold.

Top tube = 22" centre to centre
Seat tube = 18.5" centre to top
27.0 seat post
1 1/8" head tube

IMG_1251_zpspmlf3nin.jpg

IMG_1273_zps1xkofzqk.jpg

IMG_1255_zpsdtsfddik.jpg

IMG_1257_zps7ies3zoh.jpg

IMG_1259_zpsu1rdr8pi.jpg

IMG_1261_zpspkxzhrak.jpg

IMG_1262_zpsjqysb34f.jpg

IMG_1265_zpsmjwxsywe.jpg

IMG_1267_zps0lgyfg0o.jpg

IMG_1269_zpsm230agfe.jpg

IMG_1271_zpsvigvwmvc.jpg

IMG_1275_zpsetxpno3y.jpg

Catalogue:

http://waterfordbikes.com/SchwinnCat/fl ... mt_09.html
http://waterfordbikes.com/SchwinnCat/fl ... mt_10.html

£100 OBO collected from SW London, postage available.

Re: 1992 Schwinn Paramount SDG series frameset - Waterford built

Rod, you made us curious about the weight...;)

Frame without forks is 1,8Kg I guess, as it's the same size and Prestige tubing as my Paramount Team

Afaik, the Team frame is full Prestige tubing and the lower spec Series 70 and RS60 are Prestige three main tubes, with tapered 4130 cr-mo stays. I was curious about the difference in weight.

CristiRD":2j115jxp said:
Afaik, the Team frame is full Prestige tubing and the lower spec Series 70 and RS60 are Prestige three main tubes, with tapered 4130 cr-mo stays. I was curious about the difference in weight.

OK, then I'd guess 2Kg for the Series 70 :)

Frame only: 2.13 KG, frame and fork: 2.90 KG. Seems like my hand scale guesstimates aren't calibrated correctly.

Also, I'll take £75 posted in the UK.

Thanks Rod, just what I was saying, nothing beats a good ol' calibrated scale!

GLWS! ÎCheers!

Back