the killer v cometh!

RAFbikes

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So begins my ultimate cannondale build, all my favourite parts from the '90's on one bike.

It's taken me 2 years so far which is nuts as I decided all parts had to be new which is equaly nuts considering the parts I wanted.

So Far I've got:
Frame: Killer V Polished with XTR grey graphics
Fork: Pace RC30 Polished crown and drop outs chromed legs with XTR grey graphics.
Wheels: Spinergy Spox M2 ceramic NOS
Tyres: Panaracer Smoke/Dart magic NOS
Quick releases:
Wheel: X-lite CamLok Red NOS
Seat: X-lite CamLok Red NOS on Hope clamp XTR grey NEW
Headset: Hope XTR grey NEW
Seatpost: Ringle Moby Red NOS
Stem: Ringle Zooka Red NOS
Bar Ends: X-lite (can't remember the model but they're the better ones you'll see pictures soon) Red NOS
Grips: Onza Ulses Black NOS or perhaps the Yeti Clear NOS depending on the handlebar I end up with
Cranks: RaceFace Turbine Black NOS
Chainrings: RaceFace Team Rings Black with polished teeth NOS
Brakes: Onza Hola Polished
Pedals: Cannondale Octopus special edition RAW polished NEW

Originally this was going to be a piece of art to hang on my wall so I bought NOS Polished Onza HO's NOS Red Ringle Mojo's and NOS Paul Love levers in silver which weren't shiney enough so I had them professionally polished to match the other bits.

Now I've decided to put this bike into rotation with my modern rig as my commuter and being a big bloke canti's don't stop my quick enough to ride in traffic! So now I'm looking for NOS 950-53 XTR V brakes, I have a very very clean set if anyone's interested but they're very slightly faded which isn't good enough for this build.

Parts I still need:
Shifter/Levers: NOS 950-53 XTR
Cassette: NOS 950-53 XTR
Chain: NOS 950-53 XTR
Saddle: NOS Black Flight
Handlebar: NOS. . . pass but flat bar as risers with bar ends looks cack!

I would also like another NOS red X-lite Camlock seat QR as the one I have is taken off an xlite seat clamp and is not the individual QR so to fit it to the grey seat clamp I had to make a piece to adapt it which isn't perfect.

If anyone has any of the outstanding pieces I really do want them but won't have any cash spare until after christmas, that said I have lots of cool parts to swap.

And all that said sorry I know I've rattled on a bit but it's taken me 2 years man and I'm nearly there!

I'll gradually add pictures so watch this space!

Attachments

• killer v.JPG
    killer v.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 9,800
  • killer v1.JPG
    killer v1.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 9,800
  • killer v2.JPG
    killer v2.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 9,800
  • killer v3.JPG
    killer v3.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 9,800
Yeah but it'll get there quickly as I've got most of the parts now, speaking of which tadaa! Cranks chainrings and pedals (the non drive arm is already on the frame).

I'm missing the 5 spacers needed to fit the granny ring, if you can call a 32 tooth inner ring a granny ring! If any of you guys have any please get in touch.

Now I know this seems a little nuts but as it's going to be my commutor I thought I'd use it as my training bike to build my legs back up after 3 years of being a lazy b@$7ard pub dweller.

So what I've done is track down a full NOS tandem chainset by raceface not only do I get the crazy 54-44-32 set up for this bike along with a pair of NOS Turbines but I get 2 spare drive sides and 2 44 tooth timing rings which are ideal for single or 9 speed builds as they have no ramps etc to aid gear change.

Staf.

Attachments

• 16122009090.JPG
    16122009090.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 9,645
  • 16122009093.JPG
    16122009093.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 9,645
They're Cannondale's octopus pedals they come in black on the Badboy range in silver with black pads on some of their other road bikes and with the brown pads like mine on the limited edition G-star RAW bikes like the one below.

Staf.

Attachments

• RAW_sm.jpg
    RAW_sm.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 9,638
Back