Original 1997 Klein Adroit - *Update w/ '97 MBA article*

I always loved the look of the mid 90's Kleins. Yours is in stellar condition :shock: for how old it is! Thing of beauty.

Jaw droppingly lovely :D

Only gripe I've got it the fork, I think something that was predominantly black would suit the rest of the bike better.

Great bike, looks exactly like the catalog, except the barends :D

On a side note, i've got the same bike but with lots of different components, so mine is a bit of a frankenKlein.. i'll send you a pm regarding some of the spec. on this one.

SF Klein":omsgsoim said:
I hear ya but whaddya gonna do? ;) That's how they sold 'em - Judy's were I believe the only option. At least they're about 75% black if you add the area covered by stickers to the area covered by the fork boots. I still wished they'd offered a paint-to-match option. Funny how Trek did a 180 turnaround in 2000-2001, I think, and would paint almost anything you wanted including factory color resprays for early Klein models. Alas, we all know how things ended up though. :roll:

I'd be hot rodding it myself then lol

John":1cigrelu said:
That maybe post Trek but it's still real pretty :cool:

^ interesting, i always thought this one was the last fabricated in the old factory so to my best guess is it's post Trek but only by year.
There's probably a few Retro guru's around who can shed some light on this? I'd like to know.

Latest posts

Back