1989 Orange Clockwork. Update 4/10/09.

brocklanders023

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just got hold of this today. It's a 19" 1989 Orange Clockwork LX and has been upgraded with XT thumbies, Syncros stem, Pace RC35's, and red DX v's.

Overall it's in pretty good condition considering it's age. Plan at the moment is to put some period canti's and levers on and give her a good clean up.

Here's where you lot come in.... This bike came with the original stem, forks, and headset also included. I have another Clockwork ('93) frame that I was planning on getting painted the same silver/grey colour as the Prestige below (if the pic shows up). I was going to have that fully rigid just like the bike I used to drool over as a kid. Now I'm thinking of taking my orange/white Clockwork back to fully rigid, sticking some DX bits on, t-cutting and polishing, then leaving at that. The '93 would then get full XT, a new paint job, RC35's, Syncros etc. That said, it would be a shame to take the bits off my new one as they seem to suit it (apart from the red DX). Any suggestions :?: :?: :?

Anyway, Here's the curret spec:

Frame- Orange Clockwork.
Forks- Pace RC35.
Shifters- XT Thumbies.
R Mech- LX
F Mech- LX
Cranks- LX
Pedals- LX
Brakes- DX V's + Levers.
Stem- Syncros.
Headset- Ritchey Logic Ahead.
H Bar- Orange.
F Wheel- Mavic X221 on STXrc hub.
R Wheel- Mavic M231 on LX hub.
Saddle- Velo Geltech (original??)
Seat Post- ??
Tyres- Specialized Ground Control.

Must be 'clockwork friday'! I collected this earlier....

fisher065.jpg

Bit of a mix of parts (and those pedals :roll: ) but it rides a treat.
Forks need a service but the rest is smooth as.
Will be changing the stem, bar-ends, seat post and trying to find the correct rear wheel.
Bought this one to be ridden, so not worried about it looking priddy ;)

XTSTIMAN":3tai4oo4 said:
Thats looks good, period parts even better.

I think you mean t to write "clockwork" ;) :LOL:

Thanks for that, it's been a long day. :oops:

Better change it before I make anyone blush :!: :oops: :oops: :cool:

makster":2xexckxi said:

fisher065.jpg

Will be changing the stem, bar-ends, seat post and trying to find the correct rear wheel.

'Clockwork Friday', now there's an idea, although I think I might have enough already!! What rear wheel do you need? Sure someone will have one. :D

brocklanders023":1znh2rr6 said:
makster":1znh2rr6 said:

fisher065.jpg

'Clockwork Friday', now there's an idea, although I think I might have enough already!! What rear wheel do you need? Sure someone will have one. :D

Mavic 217 with LX 563 hub (in an ideal world), although something similar would do :D
Really excited by this bike.
Of all my bikes, it was a Clockwork that I most wanted when I was a nipper :cool:
Going to take it on a gentle ride in the New Forest tomorrow

makster":1ye48oyu said:
By the way, you're not selling that stalk stem by any chance?? :LOL:

Not that one at the mo but I am selling an even better one on my for sale thread. Same as that but re-painted and new decals. Looking to get back what I paid (from this site).

Was tempted to put the mint one on this Clockwork but think the tatty one will some how work better. :roll:

Back