Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Bought from here but have had no time / funds to build it up

GT Frame

16" frame
7005 stamped inside dropouts
Serial number SAS6D0310

I dont really know what model it is, below are two comments when the previous owner tried to identify

"Looks to be a 96 by the serial number and single bolt rear derailleur hanger. Appears to be Sanfa built"

"Could be an Avalanche, Pantera, Backwoods or Tempest"

In good Condition, save for a couple of nicks on the top tube.
Freshly polished by me, totally bare frame, needs rear canti studs and mech hanger.

Couple of pics from pervious owner, I will get some more recent ones up tonight

Will build into a lovely bike.

£50 posted.

DSC05053.jpg

DSC05055.jpg

DSC05056.jpg

Not to sure on this one. I'm looking at the welds on my old battered mid 90's Pantera frame (which I just dug out of my shed!!) and it's looking pretty similar. I haven't got a similar period Avalanche frame to compare it with

The rear drop-outs look to be identical

Taiwanese made frame and I think the first letter 'S' stands for the Factory it was made in. Don't know which one though could possibly be Sanfa. I think there was also a company named Auburn. So the first two letters could stand for made by Sanfa and assembled by Auburn. But I'm probably totally wrong :) . I think that the Letter D may give the year it was produced but again not 100% sure. Haven't got a clue what the rest of the numbers mean.

Probably totally wrong and gm1230126 would definitely be the person to ask

Would be much easier if it was Santa Ana made :)

looks like it is after 1996 as the down tube has the welded gusset on it, and not the top tube

Yeah it looks like my '98 backwoods to be honest. Not sure though, i'd need to double check that cabling to be sure. If it is it's a great frame.

is that a black and yellow "mavic equipped" chainstay protector? if so they were fitted in 1996 and backwoods and up had mavic rims. backwoods, pantera and avalancher were all available polished though. actually it was probably the same frame.

cce":1o0wf0xe said:
is that a black and yellow "mavic equipped" chainstay protector? if so they were fitted in 1996 and backwoods and up had mavic rims. backwoods, pantera and avalancher were all available polished though. actually it was probably the same frame.

it is, good work there! :D

crud":230av0k1 said:
cce":230av0k1 said:

it is, good work there! :D

Yep, my backwoods '98 had same mavic equipped chainstay protector. :D

Back