Raleigh Special Products Ti

bikemeister2000

Retro Guru
Just a few pics of my RSP Ti. Forget the Jamis decals. It is an RSP Ti Frame

DSCF1277.jpg

DSCF1279.jpg

DSCF1278.jpg

RSP TI

I moved from Raleigh to Dawes and looked after the Jamis brand. Changed the decals over at that time and regretted it ever since :(
Wish I could get some of the RSP ones we used at the time.

Nice! - (even with the Jamis decals) . The forks (Magura/Rond Quake) are a treat to see as well, with the HS-33 "Firmtech" mounts.
All Magura/Rond from that era seem to be very underrated, for some reason. Personally I think they're great forks.
Thanks for posting an unusual and interesting bike.

i had a set of the firmtech brakes on some quake air forks on my voodoo bokor. very underrated. they had very good damping, all the adjustments made a difference, they were stiff in the rigth directions, and they look great imo. mine are being looked after by a friend, and i have first refusal if he ever decides to sell;)
its a shame they got bad press abck in the day, some had a bolted crown, like my air forks and had no problems, but the bonded crowns on the cheaper models could work loose, although the warranty was first class.

So we are looking at the bike of the month selection, I like this one but how old is it?? I'd probably go for an older bike but this is a dreamy velo indeed.

The frame is a made-to-measure Raleigh Special Products Titanium frame and was constucted in 1997.

Frame drawing and geometry by Justin Stevenson. Raleigh SPD, Dawes, Saracen and now at Whyte.

Hers a pic of mine it was £1400 and had it 15 years but it broke last year. Bad welding and warranty is 15 years so raleigh say its out of date.

Attachments

• TAURUS Seat Tube Fatigue.JPG
    TAURUS Seat Tube Fatigue.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 10,606
  • TAURUS FORKS 1.JPG
    TAURUS FORKS 1.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 10,606
  • TAURUS FORKS crack at Lug.JPG
    TAURUS FORKS crack at Lug.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 10,606
hey steve if they are the black ones that had the seperate titanium sticker i know where there are some
love you dr nick

Back