Fat Chance Yo Eddy 97. Pic heavy mega update

northerndave

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
As if by magic my Buck http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=58063 has transformed into a Yo of the same vintage...

Here's a full on update of where I'm at with this build. Really must slow down now. ;)

DSC_1852.jpg

DSC_1867.jpg

DSC_1854.jpg

DSC_1856.jpg

DSC_1857.jpg

DSC_1858.jpg

DSC_1859.jpg

DSC_1860.jpg

DSC_1861.jpg

DSC_1862.jpg

DSC_1864.jpg

DSC_1865.jpg

DSC_1866.jpg

DSC_1867.jpg

DSC_1868.jpg

DSC_1870.jpg

Thanks along the way to sastusbulbas, boxxer, blanefieldbonty, rascal, Sithlord, Cass, mattbrown. Without you all I'd be far richer but it's no good sat in the bank is it?

Quick run down of what's on there:

Fat Chance Yo Eddy 97 M Sapphire Blue
Judy SL's
Mavic 225 wheels with Specialized hubs / Hope Mavic 231
Umma Gummas (Thank god I don't have to look for these anymore...)
XTR Rear Mech
XTR Front Mech
XT Rapidfire
Avid Levers and V’s
Race Face Turbine LP crank
Control Tech Stem
Control Tech Bar
Zoom Post - to be replaced with a syncros
Flite Saddle

Nice and tidy, but I'd change the cranks or paint them black.

In fact, yes, paint them black and they'll work well with the forks.

saw this frame...nice pick up.

like the cranks; makes for a good contrast. Also like the wheels/tires.

Being a 97, period correctness isn't all that important...imho

looks bangin :cool:

rid yourself of the lowend v-brakes...doesn't fit well with the other better stuff you have on this. Perhaps xtr m950 throughout?

great tires, but careful with the sidewalls...they will only get worse. I'm actually looking for remedies for crakced/torn sidewalls myself.

great pics and very cool Fat...love the yellow with it :D

great tires, but careful with the sidewalls...they will only get worse. I'm actually looking for remedies for crakced/torn sidewalls myself.

A roadie tip from looking after delicate tubular tyres is using latex solution applied with a brush. Nice bike!

Yeah those V's do suck a bit and I know what you mean about the tyres. I've had the back once since new years back and it's ok. The front one though seems a bit dry. If you come up with anything to protect them let me know..

That's looking good, I was going to go down the blue/silver route with it, if it had fitted, looks very nice, though, how does it ride?

Really wish I could have gotten away with it as it's a lovely frame, I've now gone modern full sus instead.

Cass

Latest posts

Back