show us your cross bikes

nemo

Dirt Disciple
After finding a bargain trek cyclocross frame, i was wondering how many others have a cross bike as well as an MTB.

Cross seems to be getting very popular, i certainly have enjoyed the races i have enterterd since finishing the build.

So it be nice to see some more builds! :D

I do have an old Alan frame. Believe it's from the mid eighties. It's not build up though and hasn't been used in years.....
Lovely ride though. Think I'll have to build it up again.

Had this for a number of years now and don't intend parting with it in the near future :)

It's my Summer communter and strangely enough it always seems to have to stop at the local pub on the way home on a Friday night, couldn't ask for a better bike

Attachments

• IMG_1823a.jpg
    IMG_1823a.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 6,689
  • IMG_1822a.jpg
    IMG_1822a.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 6,689
That's really quite nice Gil.

Here's the mid 80s Gazelle Cross Trophy

Attachments

• Gazelle Trophy Cross cantis.JPG
    Gazelle Trophy Cross cantis.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 6,678
Here's the two i've got.The Ritchey is the current machine i have,the Isla is just a frame at the moment! Love the Bontrager!
Thanx Max

Attachments

• 2008_1226redone0022 (Medium).JPG
    2008_1226redone0022 (Medium).JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 6,666
  • ebay sells and bikes 018 (Medium).jpg
    ebay sells and bikes 018 (Medium).jpg
    121 KB · Views: 6,666
rienster":1n2pz9bn said:
I do have an old Alan frame. Believe it's from the mid eighties. It's not build up though and hasn't been used in years.....
Lovely ride though. Think I'll have to build it up again.

I would love to see a picture of the Alan Rienster. I have an 80s road frame although like me it is coming unglued.

Mmmm, a cross bike. Even when I was fit I was crap at cross racing. By the time I had warmed up and was starting to fire on all cylinders, the winners had showered and gone home. I could beat some of them over the much longer distances of a MTB race though. Always wanted a X frame but can't really justify one. I am counting on you all to do that for me!

been seen before but i'm happy to put in a pic again!! :D

my lime crosswork!

Attachments

• lime1.jpg
    lime1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 6,624
  • lime2.jpg
    lime2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 6,624
I generally find cross bikes cool or awful hideous things. I kinda fancy one for commuting journeys though.

Some great bikes on here so far :cool:

nemo":1da23ypl said:
After finding a bargain trek cyclocross frame, i was wondering how many others have a cross bike as well as an MTB.

Cross seems to be getting very popular, i certainly have enjoyed the races i have enterterd since finishing the build.

So it be nice to see some more builds! :D
Is that the large one which has just sold on ebay?

Anyhow, love the bonty gil!

Back