Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middleburn What??

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

xizang

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Can anyone tell me where you fit Middleburn Oilers?
Is it at the brake lever, just after the ferrule or anywhere along the length of the cable?
Any pics or answers would be appreciated.

Normally 1/2 way along the cable as the action of the cable moving should draw the oil both ways.

pete_mcc":q91en0rc said:
Normally 1/2 way along the cable as the action of the cable moving should draw the oil both ways.

Thanks. This is more info than any where I've looked so far. Even been to the Middleburn site. No fitting info there either :?

Take your cable outer, cut it in half, add a ferrule cap to each end and then slip the two ends into the oiler, now pop back on bike and rethread the cable. Whenever you want, slip back the o-ring and drop in some thin lube and hey presto! I only ever used these on my gear cables rather than teh brake ones as adjustment was far more critical and impacted more greatly by dirt on the gears!

Have fun!

Thanks yet again.
Most reviews I found,not many of them, say that 'These are a great little idea that doesn't really seem to have caught on'. That was a review from '98 :shock:

Does anyone else out there use them?

Always fancied trying these if for no other reason than they looked nice. :)

Got some but don't use them as IMHO all they do is introduce another break in the cable where shite can get in in the first place.

If you've got slotted cable stops, its not that hard to pop your cables out every week or so and give them a wipe down with some nice lube.

Russell":2dz12mzt said:
If you've got slotted cable stops, its not that hard to pop your cables out every week or so and give them a wipe down with some nice lube.

they're more suited for longer unbroken sections on housing where its more difficult to clean the cable, aside from being totally dissembled.

Well, I've been using mine all wrong :oops: I bought them because they were pretty :)

I put them on the exposed cable on my down tube, I occasionally fill the recesses with oil and slide them up and down to put oil on the cable after cleaning... keeps them shiny.

Am I the only one? :LOL:

Back