Egg chainrings, who remembers them?

remember them very well,cheers for the link,may try n save up for some trick rings soon :D

egg

They are still on the go and an Italian firm has just started making a CNC type, with variable mounting holes, so you can vary the oval relative to the cranks.

some of Chris Bells finest:

y5zdvm.jpg

Still going strong after many years!

Superb stuff

I did some testing about 10yrs ago with some singlepivot suspension bikes, and found that eggrings could eliminate bob, increase traction - really good.

We ran something on it in mbr, but I think everyone is so tied in to Shimano rings, it was never going to work. It's a shame. In terms of eliminating suspension actuation from pedaling forces it's a cool way of doing it - but people seem happier running over complex rear shocks that don't work on small bumps.

Well this is a better place for chillingthan STW for sure and for reminding yourself where it all started... :)

Hope you are able to contribute some old school memories or better still some pictures - got any from the NEMBA pasta parties for instance...?!

Mr K

PS. Forgot to thank you for the 'spirit of racing' sticker (exchanged for a Smoke 1.9 if I remember correctly) you slapped on my helmet during a Fun class race at Hamsterley.... :)

PPS. What happend to Zak??!

Back