todays ride with pics

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
woke up late, very late, decided the isle of wight was the way forward for todays little ride, but which bike? seriously, it can be a hard choice! hard life isn't it! :D

decided the explosif hadn't been out for a proper ride since i got it back so choice made off i go! bike gets chucked on the car for the quick drive to the ferry terminal, catch a glimpse of 4 bikes and riders loading up their car after a ride, cove, rock lobster and klien, didn't see the other one, they had a sniff at my kona, anyone from here?

i get on the ferry, too many numpties on the crossing today, don't like crowds, never have, not really a people person, don't get me wrong i'm not rude or grumpy but i just don't like too many people around me, it's uncomfortable. :(

anyway, get out on to the trails bearing in mind that showers are on the way, pick up the coastal trail towards headon warren, i like it up there, fun little trails with little jumps and drops :cool: . i look over to the mainland and see some really dark clouds, bugger. get round to alum bay and onwards up to the needles veiwpoint. i feel the first drop of rain. :(

only 2 descents, 2 climbs and a flat stretch to go, wind is behind me now, i floor it towards the tennyson monument, use the big ring going down the hill and get right into top gear, managed to stay ahead of the rain :cool: up the next climb to the monument, usually stop, not today! long fast wind assisted descent down into freshwater :D :cool: getting dark now and the clouds are even darker, rain starts :( get out the trusty fox plastic condom jacket :D does the job nicely, the rain isn't too bad, up the little climb out of freshwater and pick up the causway trail back to yarmouth, the ferry(lots less numpties :D ) and home :cool:

didn't get very wet, nicely tired, retro ride, smile on my face :D :cool:

Attachments

• iow ride 006resize.jpg
    iow ride 006resize.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,715
  • iow ride 007resize.jpg
    iow ride 007resize.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,715
  • iow ride 009resize.jpg
    iow ride 009resize.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,715
  • iow ride 010resize.jpg
    iow ride 010resize.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 1,715
more pics :D

Attachments

• iow ride 011resize.jpg
    iow ride 011resize.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,712
  • iow ride 013resize.jpg
    iow ride 013resize.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,712
  • iow ride 014resize.jpg
    iow ride 014resize.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,712
more pics :D

Attachments

• iow ride 015resize.jpg
    iow ride 015resize.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,708
  • iow ride 016resize.jpg
    iow ride 016resize.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,708
For some reason my Montane Featherweight jacket has also aquired the 'condom jacket' title as well. :LOL:

I only had time for a short ride today (too busy fettling :roll: )

i like it there, loads more up and down by comparison with the new forest which is very similar to a very flat pancake!

I hate you, everytime you say you've been riding on the Island I want to cry. I used to live there and they were my trails, I loved it. There's something really special about finishing a ride on a beach, especially in summer when you can cool off in the sea still lycra'd up.

I live in the Cotswolds now which still has great riding, but I really miss the sea.

IOW should definately be a venue for a weekender retrobike meet some time. Great trails, and I know some cracking country pubs and beachside bars :)

always up for the iow, must do a ride there retrowise sometime!

kona was awsome today,except for the brakes, but that made it better coz you have to ride with more skill, but the handling on it is spot on, it leans really well. :D

Back