Kirk Revolution, then and now 7/11/10

mattbrown

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
After thegreenrabbit dropped off a Kirk frame a while ago, i sort of fell in love with the design, having no luck acquiring a drop out, i saw this and thought "what the hell". Must say i forgot how crap STI was, gonna get some thumbies me thinks, and MAG 21's woukd make a nice suspension upgrade. or a little flexstem

Attachments

• s4010123_small_963.jpg
    s4010123_small_963.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 11,234
  • s4010124_153.jpg
    s4010124_153.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 11,234
Well, after doing some research, i discovered that this color Kirk was fitted with LX M560, so won an Orange Clockwork, with complete M560 groupset and strip it for the parts, and restored it with some minor alterations to suite me, here is the finished article, will be changing the seat, and also thanks to South Bound for the LX pods

Included a brochure picture as thats what i was working from

Attachments

• WebBrochure2b.jpg
    WebBrochure2b.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 11,016
  • IMG_0052 [1024x768].jpg
    IMG_0052 [1024x768].jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 10,099
A friend of mine had 2 of these, the first one broke when jumping it in an old sand pit. You could buy them from Freemans catalogue for about £1.50PW over 100 years!

update, after some serious money being spent to get this orginal spec, with a few own touches, here is the final result, above the mag shot

Lovely. I used to have the Black one (bought with student loan in around 1991). It was a great looking bike - and attracted a lot of attention (a lot of people thought it was Chris Boardman's olympic bike).

But after having a bad crash in Snowdonia on it (after a dropout snapped off) it started to lose it's lustre.

I perserved but the second broke after another six weeks. I ended up getting a Dawes Ranger to replace it.

That looks very nice even if I do say so myself.The way the lines flow in a alien-spacey sorta look, never had one but do like the ES's espec' the Alpinestars Mega series.
Thats one nice looking ride. :cool:

Back