Ritchey SPD Cleats

paddy01

Old School Hero
I've got some Ritchey clipless pedals (red colour) from the mid 90's.

From what I've read they're an early version which may work with Shimano cleats but opinion is divided and there's several reports of getting shimano cleated shoes stuck in them.

Sooo, being the big girls blouse that I am I was wondering whether anyone knew where I might be able to get some of the early Ritchey cleats to go with these?

Cheers

Paddy

P.S. Apologies for the rather mundane questions, not exactly making a blazing entrance as a new member. I'll try to do better in future :)[/i]

paddy01":jdpj3qy6 said:
P.S. Apologies for the rather mundane questions, not exactly making a blazing entrance as a new member. I'll try to do better in future :)[/i]

:LOL:

You should be ok with Shimano cleats, I've always heard they're compatable. I can only suggest you find a soft bit of grass, or try one at a time!

Says here they are ;)
MBUK March '95

spd.jpg

sorry to bring up an old thread...

they don't seem 100% compatible for me. I have two sets of shoes with both the original 747 and ritchey cleats. the ritchey cleats seems to work fine for both sets of peddles, but the 747 cleats get stuck trying to enter/exit the ritchey pedals. maybe i need to just loosen the engagement a little on the ritchey pedals.

I remember that test well. Loved the look of the red Ritcheys.

My LBS still has some NOS Ritchey clipless pedals in yellow for sale.

The original price of the XT SPD's is a little :shock: Mine are still working flawlessly even today :cool:

went for a offroad ride on Monday with DoctorRad at Porcupine Ridge, who's visiting Ontario. Usually I slap on the Shimano SPDs. But I forgot to swap out and had the Ritcheys on. I swear I had tougher time engaging Ritcheys after a while, as opposed to my Shimano.

or maybe i just had a bad day and just sucked! ;) none the less, it was a good ride! :cool:

Back