My New Arrival - Hounds of Hell Beware, the Fox is loose

Archemist

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Any of you addicted to the "For Sale" section or who've received 'enquiries' regarding a certain type of fork will know what this contains....

photo1_zps8989119c.jpg

for me it goes back to flying kites in the snow and traipsing across the moors for a friday night with (then) GF ;)

cheers for looking
And

Now for an unbelievable coincidence

See this...(any excuse to flaunt a BSO!)

One i prepared earlier
DSC_1851corrctd.jpg

And this (thanks Daniel for the pictures)

8341746091_de8e961f8a_o_zps5d1242c0.jpg

Well it's actually got chromaflair paint so it's not grey it's purple, no it's grey, no it's purple,....

frameclose_zps523b894a.jpg

frameall_zpse74bbe15.jpg

and the purple is pretty close (in the right light) to my Courier!!!!!

I'd a been happy with grey but I love the Two-Tone, it's Madness.

It's certainly impossible to photograph (even by a POTM winner) though he had a bloody good go...

One step beyond.....
8341747303_b96217f7cb_o_zps7424eb1a.jpg

Would have had XT II as standard, being an '89 frame (it was top of top spec BITD) but I'm thinking Suntour XC9000 (or early Pro) in mostly black.

The futures bright, the futures grey, no it's purple...oh don't start that again...Ringo....

Was tempted to buy this, but promised myself to buy only Specialized.....

Would look ace with a yellow fork!

Must follow!

The paint looks mad,does it change as your walking around the frame. There's a few NOS Deore XT II stuff on eBay at minute.

stumpjumper1990":19kxxa1k said:
Was tempted to buy this, but promised myself to buy only Specialized.....

Would look ace with a yellow fork!

Must follow!

I agree about the fork (have an idea for that if I go 'rigid') but i'm going to try something with a little more pace... ;)

Perhaps I'll go unilaterally and universally Muddy Fox then :LOL:

Spanky22b":19kxxa1k said:
The paint looks mad,does it change as your walking around the frame. There's a few NOS Deore XT II stuff on eBay at minute.

Exactly what it does. It's the same as on some Alfa's :cool:

Tintin - Yep I've never seen one like it ever either!

I thought the price was too high for me anyway because I'm a tight arse but..for some strange reason I just couldn't stop looking at it, is quite lovely

in the end I think you have a very fine thing there sir

sylus":8k5e1box said:
I thought the price was too high for me anyway because I'm a tight arse but..for some strange reason I just couldn't stop looking at it, is quite lovely

in the end I think you have a very fine thing there sir

Why thank you kind sir. :cool:

To an extent I agree but (given it was shipped from Germany in 4 days) it is clearly beautifully made (and finished), relatively little used in 24 years and pretty unique...

plus it's a Fox and that's 'it' for me. :LOL:

And :cool:

Nice and rare frame set that. It seems that the euro sold frames have different paint to UK frames as this model would have been silver in the UK and I have seen a couple of other euro spec foxes that have had different paint. If you want correctness its XT II and MF tended to put Shimano on the high end ALU bikes and suntour on the high end steel bikes to differentiate them. I would go with xt a I have a suntour xc fox and xt does work better but I can see the draw of xc pro or comp. Just be prepared to have to wait and have a nightmare matching hubs and cassettes as suntour produced a multitude in the early 90's.

Carl

Back