The Glory That Is GT Titanium

stauqmuk

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
For years I've been after some choice GT Ti and a few months back I took delivery of this beautiful specimen, a 1994 Xizang in fantastic shape purportedly a team bike but little to back it up. Since then I've assembled a dream team of parts for what I presume will be a subject of much debate here. I decided that since I already have so many other full retro bikes all decked out in period kit I'd swing a half and half retro-mod build.

After I got the frame I realized that Ti is a difficult material to decide on a color scheme around. I started a thread to discuss that and came around to go with polished Ti, black and gold but not gaudy gold, a subdued sort of flat ano gold. It all starts with the fork a White Brothers SC70 but I'll leave you all with that as a teaser until I get some Ti prep and start building.

Attachments

• frame.jpg
    frame.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 2,584
  • welds.jpg
    welds.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 2,584
Looking forward to seeing this one, Ti bikes seem ageless and suit any generation of kit IMO.

Thanks everyone.

Another component teaser... Who remembers Sweet Components?

Attachments

• 2012-06-14 22.02.44.jpg
    2012-06-14 22.02.44.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 2,356
Yep, same brakes I want on my build (wouldnt mind the cranks either [or a vintage set of Cooks Bros].) Nice Xizang.

Back