BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
I picked this up from eBay a just over a month ago and it arrived last week, thanks to another forum member (thanks Rick).

I'm unable to ride at the moment due to a knee op but I quickly put it together this morning just to take a few photo's. I feel like I've got a bit of a cheek even posting this here as I don't think I plan on doing anything to it as it appears to be 100% original and in great condition. Maybe stretch to a bit of Syncros perhaps? The catalogue spec is Suntour XC-LTD with Gripshift but this has a full DX groupset so I'm guessing it was a model from late '91. The rims are black ano as opposed to the silver on the catalogue spec.

Anyway, here she is (plus a nice shot of my knee!).....

uploadj.jpg

upload2q.jpg

upload1a.jpg

upload3p.jpg

img1221s.jpg

Thunderchief":1z8c7qnn said:
Looks like shes in real good condition. Very nice, and nice to see another Hammer on here. :)

Cheers

Simon.

Cheers mate! I've been watching yours come together - it's nearly there now. A bit more of a labour of love than mine, which has hardly seen a road, let alone a trail.

raidan73":19iexos4 said:
Cheers mate! I've been watching yours come together - it's nearly there now. A bit more of a labour of love than mine, which has hardly seen a road, let alone a trail.

Yeah mine has certainly taken up a lot of time, but my baby is worth it I hope! :) I really like yours, I have a soft spot for wishbone rear ends! ;-) do you plan to ride it much?

I think keeping it as it is would be the best idea. I'm getting a bit sick of everyone who has a RM draping it with Syncros stuff no matter what model it is. Sometimes it looks good but not always.

Yours looks super clean - leave it that way! (but ride it obviously!)

Thunderchief":5xt4lglt said:
Yeah mine has certainly taken up a lot of time, but my baby is worth it I hope! :) I really like yours, I have a soft spot for wishbone rear ends! ;-) do you plan to ride it much?

It's actually the only bike I have that's rideable (except the Humu) at the moment so it's definitely going to be ridden - once the leg is better!

Rob Atkin":5xt4lglt said:
I think keeping it as it is would be the best idea. I'm getting a bit sick of everyone who has a RM draping it with Syncros stuff no matter what model it is. Sometimes it looks good but not always.

Having thought about it I agree completely, there doesn't seem any point spending money on it when it is already as RM intended, and there's still plenty of money to be spent on my Dekerf without unneccesary spending on this one!

I guess that's the end of this thread then (until I get some nice photo's out on a ride)!

That looks LOVELY and MINTY. Much like my OEM spec 92 Stratos it seems too!

Rob Atkin":1r9v88je said:

Hope that's not referring to my RM Experience project. :( My 96 Blizzard is going all Race Face with hopefully no Syncros if that please ya!

But I agree with ROB this should be left as is.

RockiMtn":1lv0c60n said:
That looks LOVELY and MINTY. Much like my OEM spec 92 Stratos it seems too!

Rob Atkin":1lv0c60n said:

Hope that's not referring to my RM Experience project. :( My 96 Blizzard is going all Race Face with hopefully no Syncros if that please ya!

But I agree with ROB this should be left as is.

Not really bud - sorry if it sounded like that - its just that the frames are so nice sometimes the Syncros kit shouts a bit loud. Sometimes letting the quality of the frame shine past some relatively plain components is a better choice. Especially the steel frames.

This is a lovely bike. Now ride it! ;-)

Probably a groupset swap at the shop rather than 'late' or bought a bit later and the shop sold the Suntour stuff separately or on another bike.

What's the serial number or first half of it.

I remember the add and conversation on here in ebay watch over this.

I would alter seat and grips to your comfort if needed and take the black tap on the stay off.
Then ride it.

Back