Storage solutions please

NeilM

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Like most of us, I now have far too many bikes :oops:

I want to get myself a little more space by wall hanging them, and I could do with some ideas of how other people do this, as, being a skinflint, I have no intention of paying £9.99 for something I can do myself for a quid.

So, your vertical storage solutions please, let's be seein them :shock:

Hanging them by their front wheel in lines seems popular, or you could use a couple of large shelf brackets with pipe lagging on to hang them by their frames.

I am thinking front wheels and back wheels alternately, but I could do with seeing some pictures of how people have done this, as at present I am looking at a number of big hooks, screwed into a batten which is attached to the wall, but there has got to be a better solution than that.

I found that moving the bed to the living room is a good solution. It provides a nice extra room for the bikes.

I'm very fond of my bikes that is true, but not so fond that I want to move the bed into the garage, not with all the spiders in there.

My wife wouldn't be impressed either :shock:

I do one up, one down on the wall and a bottom row for the daily riders;

f046e772.jpg

Regular hooks for the top row;

6dbe88fe.jpg

Wheel slots for the bottom row;

9e5f82dc.jpg

That's the kiddie. I'd have to use a large batten, as my garage walls are made of very hard concrete blocks, and I had figured the hooks needed to go in at an angle, but the little frames to retain the wheels are interesting, I wouldn't have thought of that, thanks.

Any more?

Or is there, in this case, only one way of skinning this particular cat :twisted:

the way shown above is probably the best space vs cost trade off.

you could go closer together with your hooks if you were happy to loosen stems & kick them around 90 degrees each time they went on / off the wall to make each bikes storage width narrower, likewise with removing pedals.

Back