1990 Gt Karakoram

chrisv40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
New project arrived today a 90 Karakoram in purple haze :D
I've wanted one of these for ages so I hope it rides well and that U brake can stop my considerable bulk :LOL:

New bottom bracket and seatpost will be on order shortly as soon as I'm 100% certain its a 26.6 post and then my Diamondback Ascent will unfortunately be donating most of its parts for the time being.

Nothing done to it yet other than a thorough waxing and my camera won't pick up the colour under electric light so I've pinched a pic from the sellers ad, cheers Stuart ;)

6802301200_514e65aeb8_z.jpg

ooh very nice I had that colour scheme on a 92 tequesta, cant wait too see this one on the trail, nice find Chris :cool:

Thanks guys.

mrlee":2rfk55xh said:
ooh very nice I had that colour scheme on a 92 tequesta, cant wait too see this one on the trail, nice find Chris :cool:

Just been looking at a pic of your old Tequesta Lee, from BDW2 when it won best pre 92 :)

mrlee":38173hwn said:

90 or 91 Tequesta I think it is mate....

Mine's a 92..... :)

Bars and controls fitted this evening, Lx 8 speed Sti's, ODI grips (yes I know they aren't straight) and purple Onza bar ends.

It looks as if the mechs and chainset are going to to be 400Lx for starters. They should be M550 Lx ideally but all that was on my Muirwoods when I sold it :(

IMG00129.jpg

IMG00130.jpg

Little bit of progress now the evenings are light enough to mess about outside :D
Loads still to do but its looking a lot more bike like now. Thought I would get the u brake cabled up too but my never ending supply of brake cable outer seems to have run out so thats as far as it can go for a few more days.

IMG00145.jpg

Back