A Saracen by any other name - very (new) pic heavy...

We_are_Stevo

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Some time last year (I believe?) LGF started a thread on Reynolds 531 framed bikes; in response to which idle curiosity led me to an eBay search, which in turn threw up the frame which became the bike that subsequently finds its way into the following photo's... :oops:

It's also the build that took over from my raw Explosif, intitial build pix of which have since appeared elsewhere but hasn't yet completed!

When I collected the frame from the powder coaters' in Eastbourne I couldn't believe how good it looked; I'd left in all the bolts to protect the threads from blasting/coating and now they were colour-matched, how cool is that? The colour wasn't what I had in mind originally, the coaters' weren't able to match that; the end result with the closest he could get is soooooooooooo much better.

Parts that I had collected and saved for other builds somehow migrated to this project as it developed a life of its own; parts that I inititially earmarked for this one found their way onto my Kili as something better took their place.

I'll just pop a couple of pix up for now as a taster as I'm currently uploading 240Mb of pix taken today to my Photobucket account and it's taking rather a while! :D

I had intended to fit XT thumbies, but they were unceremoniously dumped onto the Kili (decisions, decisions... :roll: ) when I spotted these...

P1160205.jpg

...on eBay and just had to have them! :shock:

P1160202.jpg

7-speed Pauls/Dura Ace thumbies; how could I not?

The Ritchey levers I actually fitted in preference to some Dia Compes which were much nicer, as I have a bit of a Ritchey thing going on here, if it isn't XT... :cool:

P1160232.jpg

With the odd bit of 'bling' subtlely added here and there...

P1160226.jpg

Well, I think I've managed to successfully edit the photo's so that I haven't given away what it is yet; better call it a day now as I'm working nights again this week ( :x ) and have 'stuff' to do before SWMBO gets home... :oops:

Hoovering done... :oops:

So, just to prove that it is inded 531...

P1160246.jpg

...and the bike in all its glory, albeit with the badge and decals Photoshop'd out for now... ;)

P1160193_edit.jpg

...to see how 'on the ball' anyone is :?:

For some reason I immediately thought 'Overburys' but I can't remember if they did an E-stay model. I also thought Dave Lloyd, although Roberts did one that at least looks similar to my very hazy mind.

I don't care what it is it looks great without decals & i bet it rides even better :cool:

I cant quite see the welding, it doesnt look fillet to me..?, it looks like tig.

which would rule out both roberts stratos and overburys, ( which is a real shame if im right cus to find another of these would be amazing.)

.....you asked.........."WHATS IN A NAME".

FWIW..my answer..." BUGGER ALL "....to start with, (see quote below)

Latest posts

Back