1992 Klein Rascal 22"

ez054098

Senior Retro Guru
This bike was my "road bike" with slicks mounted, etc. However, I wanted to convert it back to a pure mountain bike. When I got the frame about 4 years ago it was NOS. It still is, except for three small scratches on the top tube. I never did a build thread for it, so here it is...

Attachments

• IMG_3373s.jpg
    IMG_3373s.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 4,727
  • IMG_3372s.jpg
    IMG_3372s.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 4,726
  • IMG_3371s.jpg
    IMG_3371s.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 4,726
  • IMG_3370s.jpg
    IMG_3370s.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 4,727
Agency_Scum":8jpywt4i said:
That is BRILLIANT! So nice to see a giraffe's bike for a change!

:LOL:

I think I am at the limit on the stem insertion line. Since this is a road/lite off roading bike only, I think I am okay.

How is the seat post extension line? (I mean, is the post down beyond the seat junction/top tube?)

Is it too big for you? Seems weird to have the stem and post all the way up like that *and* to have the seat shoved all the way forward to boot.

yo-Nate-y":39xr1kb3 said:
How is the seat post extension line? (I mean, is the post down beyond the seat junction/top tube?)

Is it too big for you? Seems weird to have the stem and post all the way up like that *and* to have the seat shoved all the way forward to boot.

I usually insert it to the #2 mark on Ringle posts. No, not to big at all. I am 6'6" tall.

Nice looking bike but its only a matte of time until that seatclamp cracks. Personally I'd find a 425mm Syncros post for it.

Latest posts

Back