The South East Group - Going Forward

TheGreenRabbit

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
This is going off topic. But you raise a fair point, as AEC are you expecting me to arange a ride every month for you ? The work that happens for Retrobike is unpaid, as as such has to be fitted in around everything else. My free time is limated and as such any ride will be in the late Autumn/Winter/Early spring.

For the rest of the year

There is The Brighton Big Dog & Brighton Beach Cruise in August, there will also be a late October Ride and A Ride in December just before Christmas.

Ah, the joys of keeping everyone happy.

Tintin. Ever thought of becoming a Deputy AEC and helping out organizing rides? Spread the load a bit? :roll:

This is very odd i didn't start this thread. Looks like some has been making threads up??

I think what's happened Tintin is that Rabbit has split it off from the surrey ride as it's off topic, but still relevant..

not made up, just moved :)

**edit**

Jinx!

So a Mod can make up a thread and give some body else's name. Just because the mod is upset. Oh dear. What a nasty world the web is.

Lets keep it on topic please, What do you want and what are you willing to help with. (If you wish to complain about a mod trying to keep a thred on topic this please PM me)

tintin40":3kwgfdhy said:
So a Mod can make up a thread and give some body else's name. Just because the mod is upset. Oh dear. What a nasty world the web is.

I think that's being a little bit melodramatic tintin

I agree with you about the South East group in general, I think we are badly represented, and I don't think that's any fault of TGR.

South East is a large area, densely populated, with not a great deal of activity in the sub forum.

As I see it, all TGR is trying to do is to help, and ask for your help...

It's not just the SE region that struggles with rides, the SW does too.
This was a big reason in me asking to step down as deputy AEC. Me and Jonny live so close together, and at the very Eastern edge of our area, so were doubling up on organising rides in a part of the area where few members live.
I think the SW works much better now having Jonny as AEC and tiboltrider further West as deputy.

I think anyone who is willing to invest their free time to try and organise rides (for every ones enjoyment) should be encouraged.
And lets not forget, its also encouraged for us to organise smaller, more regular rides as often as we like.

have to chime in on this, and please note i am not having a grumble at anyone.

being an AEC can look quite easy, and in real terms it is, every now and again we try and organise rides in our areas, but sometimes the turn out can be poor which is quite diss-heartning, when i have an IOW ride generally it's me, gus, makster and 1 or 2 non forum friends which is a shame, when we have had purbecks rides they have been attended by non forum members again (which is a good thing) but not too many forum members. down the west of our area they have haldon hill which is a good venue and gets a reasonable turn out but is a 2hour + drive for me but i go when i can if there is an event. but i can understand why those guys don't come to my rides as it is a long way.

it's all about making the effort yourself

the point i am making is it can be hard to get people out on their bikes aswel as organising a ride on a weekend when you (ie me or whichever AEC) are available to lead a ride. for example, i work shift work which means that only 5 sundays in 10 are available to organise a ride (that i can attend) and these preferably must not happen at the same time as national rides and hopefully other near area rides so there's a bit of calender checking way in advance!

the other issue both me and TGR have is that our areas are quite large but also relatively sparsely populated by members, and even less of those members can turn up or want to turn up for various reasons from being out on the piss the night before to having to look after kids to being worried about not being fit enough for the ride.

if you want a ride a doesn't have to be organised by an AEC, just post up a thread and say "hey guys i am riding here on sunday, anyone want to join me?" and before you know it you've got your ride and then also we end up with another new route to consider for future rides.

:)

Back