Kirk Revolution

captaincosmic

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Sorry never got it why spend your hard earned on something substandard heavy and frankly retarded
I keep seeing this sh**e for sale and on this site its an insult to our intelligence
I openly laughed at the idiots riding these BITD and was never beaten by one

Kirk Revolution Owner = VICTIM
Thats it, I always say if you cant say something nice then...dont say anything at all but really if I see another advert for one of these then you will have to hold me back :roll:
the proper forum for a Kirk is a SKIP

captaincosmic":2vozg3g0 said:
Sorry never got it why spend your hard earned on something substandard heavy and frankly retarded

That's probably what a lot of people say about Retrobikes tbh :cry:

captaincosmic":2vozg3g0 said:
the proper forum for a Kirk is a SKIP

fortunately that's where most of them ended up anyway, I remember a mate was getting his frame replaced every couple of months bitd, the damn thing kept breaking.
From an aesthetic point of view I quite like the Kirk frames though.

You're missing the point.......it's old (Retro) and different, it doesn't have to be good to be interesting!

captaincosmic":1pyadgnl said:

People could say the same about someone spending 100's tarting up an old steel framed rigid mtb. Its purely nostalgia.

At least with a kirk you've got the makings of a true love it or hate it cult bike. Flawed but unique.

Its from the heart I admit and some people will have their favorites but I have to say that something built buy hand in steel is better than something stamped out in a corgi diecast factory out of monkey metal with only profit in mind
I bet the guy behind the great idea was a balding banker honestly !!!

sorry Drystone try not to think about the crystaline and random alignment of the magnesium structure and just enjoy :oops:

No worries. I was curious about Kirks back in the day, but even then I was aware of their flaws and never considered actually buying one.

When I do get this one it will be to just to satisfy that long standing curiosity, rather than to believe it to be any good in terms of performance.

I will build it up and ride it carefully though...

Back