Wifes Cannondale m400

dendy

98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Got this lovely little frame from world ranger for a build for her 40th birthday last week. She has shown a real interest in spending her free time out on the trails and who am I to complain.

Build consists of 97 lx M567 and some manitou sx ti.

The rear wheel sports the silent clutch FH-R080 and it was a problem in the sense that the freehub was no longer silent and was basically done for. Otherwise the wheels were perfect so I set about sourcing a freehub body or the same complete hub. Not surprised I initially couldn't find anything.

I expected it to be impossible but with a little research I was able to find out that the FH-R080 shared the same freehub body as the later nexave FH-T400 hub. Not expecting to find anything I tried ebay and to my surprise a seller was selling the nexave (nos) hub needed for £12. So I basically robbed the freehub, axles and cones etc and rebuilt the LX hub.

Long story I know but the bike now has a nice set of smooth stealthy wheels and rides really nice :D

P1140959.jpg

P1140951.jpg

P1140840.jpg

P1140870.jpg

P1140867.jpg

P1140836.jpg

P1140882.jpg

daleside.jpg

dalefrside.jpg

She loves it i bet she does as it is lovely mate, top build once again ;) ;)

Nice ! The yellow with red ano bits makes it looks better. Oh..the yellow Manitou fork matches the frame color really well too. These M series CAD2 frames are really nice :cool:

They are ace frames these and yes she is still using it, the only difference being some conti speed king SS tyres and easton monkey lite sl bars.

Back