2010 Boardman MTB Team FS

mountainloz

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
this is my newest bike
i got it on the cycle to work scheme,i didnt really need another bike but at the price i couldn't turn it down

DSCF2091.jpg

it is more or less standard spec
all i have changed is the tyres, seat clamp and rear shock

the standard tyres are a Continental Speed King 2.1, these are now on my rocky mountain, i have fitted Maxxis Ignitor 2.35s on here, possibly the best tyre i have ever used!

the standard rear shock is a RockShox Monarch 3.1, but i managed to get my hands on a Monarch 3.3 which has slightly different valving

and for a bit of local northern bling i've added the Hope red seatclamp like on my other bikes

this is the best performing bike i've ridden off road, even with the forks and shock on lockout it handled hully gully (the rollercoaster) at gisburn forest and gave as much travel as was needed due to the internal floodgate valving, very impressed with how these work

garage2.jpg

13eeb095.jpg

38958_451844511140_627306140_6451417_5785061_n.jpg

I had a quick razz on this round at Lozs and it did feel very smooth though I was only really trying it to see how the brakes were.

You know I was just looking for my red Hope seat clamp this evening as I bent the lever on my Bonty clamp this last weekend and 36.0mm replacements are like chicken lips to get hold of! It turns out I'd sold the red Hope clamp, sigh. ;)

Nice bike, but your reason for purchase seems to have been robbed from the feminine race and their prime excuse to purchase more shoes|handbags!

You rate the tyres though? I'm looking for a good all rounder for spring and wasn't sure whether to go with the Racing Ralphs again (which I think are excellent), or try something new.

Latest posts

Back