Tubes: IRC

Saddle: Selle Italia Flite
Seatpost: Tioga t Bone 27.0
Seatpost Binder: Salsa

Weight: Not bad for her age.

DSCF6542.jpg

updated, current pictures:

IMG_0609.jpg

Love the bike (I'm currently looking for another Zaskar myself!), and I like the way that you're building it with functional kit, rather than period correct stuff. Old bikes are meant to be ridden and not just polished and admired! Nice one :)

yeah, i rode it to work and back today, and cafe stop of course before work. its a great conversation starter. everyone loves ball burnished frames and chunky welds, even if they aren't cyclists!

Very nice, reminds me of my old Zaskar LE back in 95. It looks pretty well period correct with most of the components. XT M737 is great functional stuff too.
GT were using Kore finishing kit in 1996 and 1997. They may still have be using Syncros stuff in 1995 though. Regardless, I'd flip the existing stem over and stick with that, then look for a nicer seatpost and saddle. A Flite would be a great choice.

yeah i looked around for a bit for kore, but again equally hard to track down. its a very steep, 15 degree or similar stem, i flipped it because i don't like high ends. but it is too dumped, makes the bike handle very funny with it that low..the stem coming is a flippable 84/6 which will work better for me.

i like ritchey stuff, its light, strong, affordable and looks nice and simple. i'll see what it looks like once its all on. if it bugs me, well yeah i'll start hunting around for kore or syncros.

yes, cows in cars on here has a nice black vintage flite that i have bought from him, so just a case of hanging out by my letter box now :)

A jersey to match, and get me in the spirit of the times.

Attachments

• GT Jersey.jpg
    GT Jersey.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 10,752

Latest posts

Back