Voodoo build - updated 14.05.2011

dallas95

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just finished building the Voodoo Hoodoo this morning. I got the frame off ebay and it was in excellent condition for the year & it came with an XTR front mech. I think it's a 1995 because of the 26.8 seatpost size. I bought it to use the parts I had kicking around, 1991 sti/brake levers with "Servo Wave". Remember those? Tioga Revolver chainset, American Classic skewers, Pace forks and Flite saddle. The wheels are 1992 LX hubs on Mavic rims and cleaned up like new. Got the v brakes from Retrokona and the XT rear mech off Rob Mac to finish it, cheers guys.

It's all gone together very easily and is a sweet ride.

Dirt debut tomorrow. :D

DSC_0048.JPG

Here's a shot of the servo waves.

DSC_0050.JPG

awesome lovely frame

Nice practical bike. Look forward to the ride report after weekend :cool:

KiwiJohn":1tgoz0hw said:
Nice build, but I'd find some V brake levers asap.

+1
But very nice bike. Lovely colour. Clean and simple, in a good way I mean.

KiwiJohn":351qqf5c said:
Nice build, but I'd find some V brake levers asap.

I got some 8 speed XT sti units on there now, makes stopping easier..

Bike rides great for a parts bin special, really pleased with it.

Nice bike - but then I'm a mug for Joe Murray designs. Looking forward to dirt debut details.

Finally got out this afternoon and I was not disappointed. The bike is lively and the old shimano shifters and brakes worked perfectly. The only thing I didn't like compared to my modern bike is the scraping noise from the brakes every time the rims got wet. The pace forks gave me just enough suspension to take the worst of the rough on downhills so overall, IMPRESSED. :D I think this will see a lot of action this year.

Here's a photo from the ride, it really was a beautiful afternoon here in Yorkshire.
OgdenLoop1.JPG

Back