Chas Roberts D.O.G.S B.O.L.O.X-catalogue scans too...

sinnerman

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
BoTY Winner
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
fasination with british steel custom builders, is no secret for me, this one came up, at the wrong time, but although it did need sum careful work, it was a rare opportunity and too good too miss, after some careful tidying and a full strip and nut and bolt rebuild, and sum heavy polishing, its now fully serviced and ready to ride......

as i am close to finishing another build, a dave lloyd, im going to save the experience of this bike untill the dave lloyd is finished, as there were sum friendly rivalry between british custom builders at this time, i thought it would be exciting to ride one and then compare it against the other after two identical rides........those that know me will appreciate the suspense will be killing me........ :D

Dave Lloyd------build thread
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

General overview specification

FRAME---The B.O.L.X (COMPLETELY original spec, vintage 1993)
FORK PACE RC35
TYRES PANARACER SMOKE
RIMS CAMPAG/HOPE/RINGLE/DT
R/MECH SHIMANO XTR
CHAINSET SHIMANO XTR
FT MECH SHIMANO XT
B/B SHIMANO XTR....9SPD CHAIN
CANTIS SHIMANO XT
STEM ROBERTS
HEADSET MAVIC
BRAKE/GEAR LEVER SHIMANO XTR
GRIPS ODI ATTACK BLK
BARS PACE
SEATPOST MIRROR FINISH XLITE
BARENDS LITE XLITE

Attachments

• roberts wishbone..JPG
    roberts wishbone..JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 8,388
  • british steel.JPG
    british steel.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 8,389
  • polished.JPG
    polished.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 8,389
  • d.b.JPG
    d.b.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 8,389
MORE PICS

......GOING DOGGIN.......

Attachments

• clean lines.JPG
    clean lines.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 8,383
  • just need pedals.JPG
    just need pedals.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 8,383
  • old dogs.JPG
    old dogs.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 8,383
That is stunning Sinnerman. Was the frame in this condition when you got it or more like the Lloyd?

I always knew you where into some wierd kinky stuff, but D.O.G.G.I.N!

That is looking mint, as always with your 2 wheeled machines a top effort for a top dog.

the_duke":1sag6oc1 said:
That is stunning Sinnerman. Was the frame in this condition when you got it or more like the Lloyd?

thanks duke, thankfully this one wasnt anywhere near as bad, a seized seatpost, a strip down to the bare frame, to take care of stone chips to the rear triangle, all the components stripped, degreased, and polished, new cables, wheels trued etc, the frames non genuine decals removed, then heavy on the t-cut to get rid of the yellow tint it had accumulated, in the last 12 years, then just a re-assemble and service !!!!!!

just wanta get the lloyd back now so i can asemble it, and compare the two......!!!!!!!!!!!

maverick":j992qeae said:
I always knew you where into some wierd kinky stuff, but D.O.G.G.I.N!

was always kinky bigman!!!!!!

That is looking mint, as always with your 2 wheeled machines a top effort for a top dog.

Thanks bigman, this one was a pleasure to do!!!!!!, just gotta be patience now............... :)

Back