Kona Sex Too 1996

ratbane

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Here we have a small '96 Kona Sex Too with Fox Alp5 shock.

I'm looking forward to re-building this one. Always loved the faux bar frames.

Any help sourcing the frame/shock bolts would be appreciated - or even a full bearing set.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,924
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 1,924
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 1,924
Cant you measure the existing bearings or see if they have a number on them? For the bolts you could measure up and find equivalents from a bolt supplier.

Im looking forward to seeing this one progress :)

mikesnowdon":36zlnjac said:
Cant you measure the existing bearings or see if they have a number on them? For the bolts you could measure up and find equivalents from a bolt supplier.

Im looking forward to seeing this one progress :)

I was hoping someone had a plastic bag full of the goodies, and didn't want them!!!!!

I love the colour on this frame. It feels very light too. :)

I used to own a '98 U'hu - same frame but the name went all politically correct.

From pulling mine apart BITD I can tell you there were no bearings - it was bushes. You could possibly fit some bearings in a few of the pivots if you measure it up, but you may be lucky.

Be very careful with how tight you do it all up as mine always felt tike rear hub was lose but it was the bushes in the frame, so I was constantly tightening them to get some stiffness in the rear end. It then developed a crack in the chain stays where the bolt was from all the tightening I was doing.

Needle roller bearings might be an option to replace bushes.

If it was mine I'd look at trying to modify it with bearings on all pivots and Ti hardware to reduce weight. Having a disk brake mount and hose guides welded on would be nice too.

If a modern pro pedal shock was used this could be as good as any modern full sus frame.

mikesnowdon":39sr2tvp said:
Needle roller bearings might be an option to replace bushes.

If it was mine I'd look at trying to modify it with bearings on all pivots and Ti hardware to reduce weight. Having a disk brake mount and hose guides welded on would be nice too.

If a modern pro pedal shock was used this could be as good as any modern full sus frame.

Still haven't started this build.

Need to get my head sorted regarding the bushings. Can't source any originals at the moment.

Back