Modern take on a retro build Mountaincycle Moho

mountainloz

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
In 2008 i bought a Mountaincycle Moho frame off ebay
it was a '97 frame and was looking sorry for itself with paint falling off and stickers peeling away
i decided it needed a new lease of life, so i had it sandblasted, got it powdercoated in a nice fresh white colour, and designed new graphics for it and had them made
originally i built it fully rigid with carbon fibre forks, but now it has Marzocchi MX Pro's on
along with Shimano XT, Race Face carbon fibre cranks, Hope mono mini front brake, Hope Mono6 rear brake with a Brake Therapy disc adapter to fit Hope hubs, Syncros stem, Easton Monkeylite riser bars, FSA Carbon fibre seatpost
Please let me know what you think :D

Attachments

• moho pre disc.jpg
    moho pre disc.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 8,098
  • moho sus disc.jpg
    moho sus disc.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 8,096
  • moho rear disc.jpg
    moho rear disc.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 8,096
  • moho ebay.jpg
    moho ebay.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 8,095
IDB1":3pucx234 said:
I reckon it's lovely mate... not seen a Mountain Cycle that I like until this one :cool:
thank, i put a lot of thought and effort into this bike,
the rear disc adapter normally goes onto the brake pivot, but at its only an M6 thread holding it on on the mountaincycles, it sheared off, so i had to drill and tap the frame to M8 for a solidly mounted fit, i have to admit, i paniced for a while first

Mark65":1qx5mhi5 said:
Nice, i like your graphics too.
Mark
thanks, i used a font called "GUEVARA" and stuck roughly to the original layout

Attachments

• MOHO Graphics.jpg
    MOHO Graphics.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 8,046
I'm liking that a lot! I've done a similar thing with my rts team - modern kit on a retro frame, and I think it worked out rather well, much like yours!

If you can find one, Mountain Cycle's own rear brake adapter is about 4,367 times neater than that one :)

Ace bikes, I miss mine.

I think that's a very high-quality development. It looks much better with the Bomber, partly because it looks like an assault course with the rigid fork. I think I would last about ten minutes on that version.

The only thing I would change is a shorter stem, as the Bomber is so much longer than the fork that a 97 frame will have been designed for (the zeroish bb drop is a giveaway of that). I think all retro frames need to be given short stems if a longer fork is fitted, so as to regain the original handling characteristics.

like that,like that a lot! i will have one of those in my MC collection one day and i would hope to make it look as good as yours.
well done!

Back