Giant ALM-1 needs to go, ad updated 26/04...

elPedro666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Not been pushing this too much as it's lovely just sat in the lounge :cool: but it looks we're about to be moving, so it's time for it find a happy new home!

This means a significant price drop - lets call it £180+post - to include both pairs of forks.I think that's pretty damn good for an all-original bike, plus I have a long list of potential swaps in my sig and I'm quite happy to do all sorts of deals to make sure it goes to somewhere it'll be appreciated ;)

Lots of photos here

This old beauty is/was my dad's bike, a Giant ALM-1 bought new from Fred Williams Cycles in about '93 at a guess. Basically whenever I got a new toy he had to have a shinier one! :roll: :LOL:

Other than tyres & brake blocks it's still completely original as far as I can, I have the correct, colour-matched forks for it too, up to you if you want them refitted or as is. Shocktechs are remarkably competent though and I think they suit it's playful nature. It is a fantastic fun bike to ride, flicking around with next to no effort like a overgrown BMX - I used to borrow it occasionally...

Frame has all the cable rub and minor stone-chips you'd expect but nothing else nasty. Anti-suck plate is fitted. The paint is absolutely gorgeous - still as deep and rich as anything I've seen :cool:

Spec is a mix of Exage and black LX, all in spot-on working order and great condition (the lack of heel-rub on the cranks should tell you how many miles it hasn't done) with Araya CV-7s, Tiga toe-clips and straps and matching bar-ends and bottle cage added.

I'm not going to split this - it's a lovely, all-original example of a great bike, I really need it to find a happy home with an appreciative RetroBiker ;)

DSCF9183.jpg

DSCF9182.jpg

DSCF9212.jpg

DSCF9206.jpg

DSCF9203.jpg

DSCF9202.jpg

DSCF9194.jpg

DSCF9190.jpg

DSCF9195.jpg

Really difficult to put a price on it, I think £230 is a bargain given the condition. I get around a fair bit but if needs be I can box it and courier it for about £20 (I'll check for insurance and the like, but fairly sure that'll cover it). Lots of wanteds in my sig if you'd like to haggle a px ;) :D

NEW PRICE:
With the original Giant rigid forks (not the Shocktechs in the pics) £190 +postage if needed

Don't be shy of a cheeky offer or swap, nearly went for £150 and a bit of nostalgic brick-a-brack the other day... ;)

Seat tube
15 1/2" c-c
16 1/2" c-t

Top tube
20 1/2" c-c
21" effective

I would say 5'3-5'8 sort of range - although I get on fine at 5'9 I find it a bit short for long distances. I am a bit of an ape though. Being fairly short it would suit a lady-type person quite well I think.

Cool locking headset too, forgot to mention that ;)

Chris":h08sp68u said:
Are those ally tubes bonded into ally lugs?

All ally and I assume bonded, yes. The tubing is 7000B. I believe Giant make/form their own tubing, although whether that's always been the case I'm not 100% sure.

Stunning Mr El Pedro...

I'm really getting into these early bonded Cadex jobbies. Just picked up the same style of frame but with carbon tubes myself...

Thank god yours is too small - or I'd snap your hand off!

Really unusual to see those Shocktech forks as well. Don't think this will hang around long at that price - would certainly turn a lot of heads at any retro ride... :D

Thanks guys, really nice to hear some love for it! :D

Lucky it's just that teeny bit short for me too - I'm in enough trouble as it is having built/finished three bikes last week... :oops: :LOL:

Back