Titanium RC30 inspired forks

Yep, probably the easiest way is to send a pair to China and get them to copy it with the changes. As for liability, can't you sell them as second hand? :p

copying retro

if a chinese manufacturer was to copy them they probably would be able to test them to if they already produce forks of some kind would be a good idea to check if the company making them could stress test them too then it would be their responsibility if they broke

Rio":2ep2pneu said:
You might consider the possibility of a group buy. There are some titan welders out there who make custom stuff. If the design is there (aproved by the welder)and they 'just' have to make 10 or 20 or so, you might save some money. The welder/seller will be responsible for warranty/durability that way, not you.

Apart from the brake mounts, is there actually any welding involved in making an RC30? Aren't they all CNC'd parts pressed or bolted together?

I don't know BTW, I am genuinely asking.

Are the dropouts welded on mate? I've got a set in front of me and they appear to be inserts into the tube of the leg so I figured they'd be bonded?

Also I was going to go for a clamped on brake mount like you'd find on the USE trials forks (again I've got one in front of me) that way you can have either disk or rim mounts you'd just detach the ones you weren't using.

And the legs and steerer just slot in and are held in place by a few bolts so no welding plus you could supply them with a longer leg so you could adjust the axle to crown height to suit the frame and have the crown made to suit a 1 1/4" steerer with adaptors for the 1" and 1 1/8" steerers so you can swap steerers to suit as well.

On the other points I don't doubt it'll be expensive but I often do more ridiculous things than this and I find a way even if it means selling my car etc. to fund it, I don't proceed with ideas that are to risky and they usually pay off and I can always buy another car.

Also it's fair point but I am well aware the forks will need testing and the material used will be of a certain grade which is why I'm putting this out there so those with more knowledge than I can steer me in the right direction.

Come on guys a man can dream! And if that dream becomes a reality there may be a cool titanium available this time next year! :D

I like the idea. Have you thought about contacting Pace? Don't know what they'd say like...

no doubt

no doubting this is possible and i would be after a set, if and when they become a reality

go for it is all i can say

Back