Greetings from the land of OZ!

ozpete

Retro Guru
Hi all, thought it was time I intoduced myself here! Was pleasantly surprised to find RetroBike and be assured that despite what the magazines, & guys at the LBS suggest, it's OK not to ride something that appears to be the landing gear from a 747.
My current stable includes a '98 GT LTS4000, '96 Diamondback Axis, yes, the tri-colour steel one!, and a Wheeler 5900 ALU from about 1994, amongst some other bits. I'll post pics if A: there is some interest, and B: I can figure out how! In the meantime, I'll sit back and enjoy the rantings of like-minded folk.Thanks, Pete.

ozpete":2mj301qc said:
Hi all, thought it was time I intoduced myself here! Was pleasantly surprised to find RetroBike and be assured that despite what the magazines, & guys at the LBS suggest, it's OK not to ride something that appears to be the landing gear from a 747.
My current stable includes a '98 GT LTS4000, '96 Diamondback Axis, yes, the tri-colour steel one!, and a Wheeler 5900 ALU from about 1994, amongst some other bits. I'll post pics if A: there is some interest, and B: I can figure out how! In the meantime, I'll sit back and enjoy the rantings of like-minded folk.Thanks, Pete.
Hi Peter, good to see another aussie on board! Would be great to see some shots of your rides. My second bike, back in 94/95 was a steel Wheeler, didn't turn heads but was quite a nice bike (can't say the same for the elastomer Zokes forks), raced it in both XC and DH for a year. Always wanted one of the tri-colour Axis', they're still one of my favourite hardtails!

Hey Pete, welcome.

As you'll see, quite an antipodean contingent on here.

It's a happy place.

Enjoy...

:D

Back