Dunkers big bad build thread

Principally building 'Lardtail' up for SS action this year, Dunkers is a target to aim for. Hopefully i'll tweak in some weight reducing improvements as funds allow such as a better front wheel, better bars etc.

Realised that although the CB is a better racer its less comfy for days in the saddle. Lardtail will be ridden from ferry to SSEC venue and back so fitting a rack and having a comfier ride are important features. Anyway being a racer is imaterial as last is my default race position :LOL:

Bottom bracket - oot

Headset - oot

Rather easily as well, in a way I'm a bit disappointed there was no big drama, both out in less than 10 minutes.

Nice new headset courtesy of Dyna-Ti sitting on my desk in front of me ready to go in.

Next step Nitromors. This would be much easier if work didn't keep getting in the way.

Decided I'm no happy with the forks, they look flimsy and are heavier than I need so they go along with the basic threaded headset which would work itself loose.

Reaching into my spares skip, theres a chromo fork with slightly too short steerer so in comes the BBB steerer extender and a 1" AHeadset. This should stiffen up the front end and make it tougher although I'll need to respray forks as chipped silver will clash with the orange/black scheme. :roll:

I also have 2 other high ten forks to choose from so something will be bodged into place.

This is turning out to be the most time consuming build of what is actually a very simple pile of scrap :LOL:

Stick a fork in it...

DSC_3417.NEF.jpg

19lbs according to bathroom scales... Spreadsheet says 19.3.

Test ride at the weekend (for my shoulder too).

I've realised that my weight saving amounts to having a very light frame and not having front gears. Not entirely convinced I can get below 20lb.

If I do I'll be shocked. So in that spirit I'm not going to pay a tenner more to save 50g on a lighter bottom bracket.

It will however be shiny. Maybe very shiny depending how the frame looks after nitromors.

zigzag":2rdisnja said:
Stick a fork in it...

DSC_3417.NEF.jpg

19lbs according to bathroom scales... Spreadsheet says 19.3.

Test ride at the weekend (for my shoulder too).

wow :shock:

apart from the lack of gears :twisted: i really like that :D :D :D

Back