A call for advice

Just been out testing my new lights too. Just got them today, Lumicycle Li-ion Halogen rig with 12w spot & 20w flood...OMG compared to the two cateye el300s I had on before they're bright :shock: :shock: :shock:

Gorbs":3cj0s9zo said:
Just been out testing my new lights too. Just got them today, Lumicycle Li-ion Halogen rig with 12w spot & 20w flood...OMG compared to the two cateye el300s I had on before they're bright :shock: :shock: :shock:

i know! just got some niterider minewt LED. the difference to early 90's when i had a petzl head torch and home made twin beam halogens on cannock chase is amazing!

Hi Gorbs,

Good hearing about your come back to the wonderfull world of mountain bikes.

I live out in Waters Upton just north of Telford and errm yes i think i have seen you around the lanes!!. I have family and friends in High Ercall / Roddington.

Anyway just saying hi and if you need any advice on routes in the area i will gladly help out.

Missmyfat and i used to ride together back in the early days of 91-95 and lost touch and then got reunited through this website. So you see good things can happen.

I am more of a downhill rider now but as the months go by i am wanting to get back to my roots more and more. Before you know it i will be riding a full hardtail again!!

Hey Dave,

I remember making some lights up with Will in his workshop. We used to mount halogen spot lights in a piece of 2" plastic pipe, seal them and wire them via a handle bar mounted toggle switch to a pair of 6volt model batteries that were wired together to make a 12volt, then mounted them in the water botlle cage......

Wow!! they were great coupled with a petzle head torch.... arrgh the good old days eh!!

Ha ha wills lights! not bad were they! remember surrounding the "lovers" cars and then turning all the lights on and getting legged all over the chase!

Back