Dunkers big bad build thread

Tazio":286epok2 said:
zigzag":286epok2 said:
Christ, that looks good, why you painting it again?

Are those lime green 'zochis, because they look gold in the photo, which does go with the frame. Respray the forks sez I.

Managed to miss this post. The respray is due to most of the paint removing itself on its own, it's like a bike with male pattern baldness.

The forks are a very weird yellowy, greeny, gold sort of colour. The kind of colour that goes with nothing.

those forks go with these > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=132592

(3rd post down)

I'm strangely enjoying building my 'Lardtail' :LOL:

I'm building it real slow, tweaking wee bits at a time.

Today I aligned my wheels a wee bit better by some subtle filing of the dropouts. Tomorrow I need to tweak some spokes on the rear wheel, only high end bit on the bike, my ENO hubbed wheel.

Slightly, well OK majorly stuffed up my Emmelle stickers purchase. I didn't pay attention to their size, they're actually the wee ones for the chain/seat stays, put them on the frame main tubes anyway, go for the subtle look :LOL:

You'll see the Lardtail at Dunkers and not before probably because I'll not get it finished untill then :roll:

I was stuck in the house and the match was cancelled so I did a bit of internet window shopping. I haven't managed to find any pedals heavier than the ones I have for the bike.

Sound like they could be perfect for the lardtail :D

no pics
you'll just have to wait

did get some light tubes today tho one from the bike shop in dunfermline
top bloke " yeah got one left 6 quid okay "
the other from the bandit in inverkiething " this alright £12,95 but i;ll
give you 20% off so thats 11 quid "
yer maths are wrong mate
ohh sorry ,wheres my calculator

I'll just keep mine under wraps for just now as well :) .
It's just my usual :( nothing novel :(

i.e. Cobbled together without thought :LOL: :LOL:

mikee":3d0j2t4p said:
no pics
you'll just have to wait

did get some light tubes today tho one from the bike shop in dunfermline
top bloke " yeah got one left 6 quid okay "
the other from the bandit in inverkiething " this alright £12,95 but i;ll
give you 20% off so thats 11 quid "
yer maths are wrong mate
ohh sorry ,wheres my calculator

"bandit in inverkiething" ain't that the truth :x

Has anyone used a Hope Hed Doctor before? I'm considering using one to cut down on farting around with star nuts as I need to cut a wee bit of steerer and hate fitting them. Seems like a good solution but if they're that good why doesn't every one use them?

Back