Ritchey Ti

nice , I wonder if those models are as rigid as normal bikes .

folding the frame in half cant be that good .

Ritchey Breakaway or S&S couplers?

I think that S&S couplers would be a better bet since your not messing with the main tube junctions, just the lower stress middle of the tubes.

IMHO of course... but that Ritchey does look nice :D

In a world of ever more intricate, ornate and elaborate driop outs. out of scale to the rest of the bike (or at least the stays), how refreshing to see Ritchey dropouts on a lovely little ti hardtail.

:D

Anthony":6c1ytv9m said:
What's the rationale for having the top tube so high up the seat tube BTW?

probably a VERY good structural reason, but it doesn't look as good as in line or above the top tube joint does it?

Anthony":3cy6jf41 said:

It looks like a pretty large frame - and the top tube has to be above the split junction in the seat tube so the frame can be taken apart.

I've got a couple of friends who ride Break-aways exclusively and notice no difference in "stiffness" or ride quality over traditional frames and they are both 6'2" or taller. It's a much simpler choice for a travel frame than S&S couplings.

It seems that the frame actually seperates at this point.
The rear triangle is one section and the top tube/head tube/down tube is the other.
The two welded allen key thingies in front and behind the seat tube junction tighten to hold this section together.
The down tube has a little circle clamp that you put on and tighten to hold the other end together.
Hmmm kinda wish it came just as a normal frame (says the guy with a Slingshot and a YBB)

Yes Mike, I guess it has to be that far from the weld, but it still makes for a big standover for somebody my size. Could do with a bent top tube (for looks as well as 'comfort'), but me far too ignorant to know if that works with ti.

ssmike":3dpz4h8y said:
Anthony":3dpz4h8y said:

It looks like a pretty large frame - and the top tube has to be above the split junction in the seat tube so the frame can be taken apart.

I've got a couple of friends who ride Break-aways exclusively and notice no difference in "stiffness" or ride quality over traditional frames and they are both 6'2" or taller. It's a much simpler choice for a travel frame than S&S couplings.

What was Tom's input on that bike? Any at all?

Back