Dunkers big bad build thread

CHEEKY BOOGERS :LOL:

I'm aiming for 25 lbs I'll have you know but like a drunken darts player I'll probably miss.............oh sorry was that you eye :oops:

Frame is now dull orange but as I ran out of paint at coat three its still a wee bit patchy but hey more paint equals more weight.

Saddle weighs sub 200g down from 300g thanks to padding removal and a drill. Bloody uncomfy but one must suffer for ones art :roll:

I'm switching out the LX gear on the Raleigh for the XTR M900 kit I have sitting on the RTS, I think that should help me shave a few lbs from what is an already light bike....

Not beat you weenies but a valient effort....

velomaniac":1vu2ob3r said:
Frame is now dull orange but as I ran out of paint at coat three its still a wee bit patchy but hey more paint equals more weight.

Did you use red lead for the undercoat :p

After few tryouts with singlespeed idea and small cogs failure (that didn't worked out) My Xizang turned on to raw bad ass monster. What have I done :oops: Pictures later afternoon.

Dyna Ti wrote ;
velomaniac wrote:

Did you use red lead for the undercoat

The paint is called 'Real orange' and comes from Homebase. Frame will get red "Emmelle" stickers shortly. Must say its at least a great improvement on original scheme.

Looking forward to riding it ;)

Here we go, just need to remove rest of decals. Not much lighter as weight of huge rock ring replaced all thrown away gears, still light though. But crankset it's stiff as hell now considering big ring at front. 46 teeth at front and double M970 26-28 titanium cogs. Yeah!!! :twisted: Plus replaced by aluminium brake hangers and lighter skewers. It makes sense does it?

Attachments

• xizang.jpg
    xizang.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 108
Back