Orange E3

As for the canti's the rear are shorter for heal clearance.

Personally, I think the M900 suits the frame and you've made a good choice It's nicer than I imagine M950 series would look.

All together I think it all works pretty well together

except two things
1) It's un-ridable, but fine as a balance bike
2) That stem, just look wrong, doesn't go and is way to chunky. Search out nice quill version, that'll look much better.

ok 3-ish Also sort that wibbly rear canti wire out. (I'll ignore the uncut mech wire as mines just the same :LOL:)

SIDE:
1995 was the last year M900* was the top groupset, 1996 it turned to the new M950 series.

*ok technically it was M910 series, with the newer hubs, resprung rear mech, matching canti and cartridge pads , restyled levers etc.. My officially recognised last groupset I remember 'coming out'

What do you recon with the stem? All I can think is maybe a Salsa or maybe a control tech quill? Salsa would be nice. I really do find the SK8's a bit on the cheap looking side. Although in the catalogue Orange did seem make a Ti quill stem - now that would be a peach to find.

If I'm being pedantic it needs a top pull M900 front mech but finding one of those is being too much pain to bear.

Totally agree M950 would be a mess, got a heap of it but that's sat firmly on my 95/96 Fats.

I think it's the clamping of the ahead, not so much the extension part, using an extender/converter ?
It looks cumbersome with the gap under it and

Just grab the quill version
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/files/ ... _2_172.jpg
Can you fit a lower drop canti hanger to it as well, the hanger should be where the spacer (locking spacer) in the headset is or in addition to. It will lower it and you should get a better outer cable route in.

Not urgent and the sort of thing I would probably do until I found the right part (then forget and live with it :LOL:)

31.8 front mech ?

Latest posts

Back