• Wicked Wheels' Lemond

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SlimJoe's Yo Eddie

• Mr K's Overburys

• Total voters
At the halfway point, and fantastically disappointing month for the FRO. :(

I cant understand it. Not to be completely self-indulgent, but for me, the FRO is the posterchild of retro perfection. The lines, the angles, the colors...

...but this is another super strong month. The Yo in particular. But the FRO is special - to me - and it will tough to see it go.

I probably would have voted for it mike , but next month is a yeti special , so wanted to vote for another brand this time round . ;)

:oops: :oops: :oops:

...And it didnt break! Infact the Pauls mechs worked ok too... :LOL:

(not bad for an old SRAM chain, SRAM cheapy rear block, diskdrive, Pauls "weakly sprung" rear mech and suntour thumbies!)

I was mightly impressed how the bike handled and also fared over the beating it took. Tyres were a real good choice too for some reason they didnt clog or slip (much) and were perfect at shock absorption.

Only things that were a little dicky were the forks that needed new elastomers (no rebound as such!), a slightly loose twisty grip and a front mech that sometimes didnt shift to granny.

I was very very lucky. :cool:

Doh!!, If I'd of seen a pick of the salsa in action like the pic posted on here it would of to be honest swayed my vote, looks fantastic been thrashed

Some quite nice bikes I've seen. a difficult choise it is, so much beautifull bikes....:) The Salsa going to have my vote, just the nicest superb bike!

Got to be the Salsa although a tough month again as per usual. Defo' my fave of Jezza's stable.. Still feel a bit green over it too. Nice to see it in action :shock:

This month I followed the 'bike you would most like to ride' rule and went for the Salsa.

Normally I vote for the bike which has parts that are all from the same year so should I really have voted for the Yeti or the Kona....

Re: Battle-scarred but triumphant!

mrkawasaki":ssaznpq1 said:
Geoff, here's something that might help you decide!

I was equally torn - between the Mantis, the Jellybean, the Funk and the Campagnolo Fat Chance - however, seeing one of these contenders in it's element on Saturday, ridden with gusto in testing conditions, has swung my vote. Looks as good mud-splattered as it does shiny!

Mr K

PS. Or maybe it was the shirt... ;)

PPS. Maybe we could have a Retrobike rideout bike end-of-the-year special - any bike that turned out at an official ride to be automatically entered?

Awesome picture of the Salsa in motion! :cool:

Re: Battle-scarred but triumphant!

mrkawasaki":3n00rp76 said:
Geoff, here's something that might help you decide!

I was equally torn - between the Mantis, the Jellybean, the Funk and the Campagnolo Fat Chance - however, seeing one of these contenders in it's element on Saturday, ridden with gusto in testing conditions, has swung my vote. Looks as good mud-splattered as it does shiny!

Mr K

PS. Or maybe it was the shirt... ;)

PPS. Maybe we could have a Retrobike rideout bike end-of-the-year special - any bike that turned out at an official ride to be automatically entered?

OK, OK, you got me!

Back