got a new bike today, anyone know what it is?

luke4648

Retro Newbie
Just got a new bike today, i've no idea what it is but think its some sort of raleigh signature model, anyone help?

7b060fe1.jpg

c81361b3.jpg

5680f308.jpg

2e18a886.jpg

It looks like it's wearing all the same kit as my early 90's Strada, which was an entry level 531 frame from Raleigh. Yours has different forks and the stem and handlebars were painted white on the Strada, which yours aren't.

I'm pretty sure all Raleighs of that era were stickered up, so it's not in its original colour.

What does the sticker say the frame is and what's the diameter of the seat post?

Jonny69 said:
It looks like it's wearing all the same kit as my early 90's Strada, which was an entry level 531 frame from Raleigh. Yours has different forks and the stem and handlebars were painted white on the Strada, which yours aren't.

I'm pretty sure all Raleighs of that era were stickered up, so it's not in its original colour.

What does the sticker say the frame is and what's the diameter of the seat post?[/quot

The frame is the original paint I think the lad I got it off said he'd pulled the stickers off cos it looked cooler, but couldn't remember what it was, possabilly some sort of signature frame he said. It's a reynolds 501 frame though.
Not the original seat though.

I'd go with the Elan idea.

It's a main factory frame, not one from Special Products. The forks were bought in from Taiwan, but the frame was made at Nottingham.

Looks really nice. With a bit of TLC could look even better.

Latest posts

Back