BoTM November 2010 - Carbon Special

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very cool mikee. Was that obtained off the 'bay recently? Is it ALAN built? Or is it the far-esatern lugged carbon frame whose name I forget..

no it was obtained a couple of years ago ,from a skip in the royal mile
in edinburgh , was awaiting wifey when i saw a bloke carry it out from a building and throw it in the skip , frame forks b/b non driveside 730 crank
so when wifey turned up i was stood there holding it :LOL:

the driveside chainstay was damaged quite severely , so i had to repair it ,
very carefull welding and then localised heat treating ,seems to have turned out fine tho ,not that i'm gonna mistreat it from now on

it is i think an alan built one ,screwed and glued, and an early one at that according to my bike shop owning mate who sold alan cx bikes for a couple of years in the mid 90's , but it seems hard to find much about the british eagle side of things
do remember seeing a few about bitd tho

Pickle":38cm69m4 said:
mikee":38cm69m4 said:
right then

british eagle carbon pro 92 ish

One of my fave carbon bikes them, looks very ALANesque.

Drive side shot would be cool please!

yeah gonna do it tomorrow been babysitting today :roll:

mikee":gilstl48 said:
right then

british eagle carbon pro 92 ish

p10204101_454.jpg

Are those Conti XC's? oh and chop chop with those better pics, mind you can post 2!

previous pic post edited slightly better pics added

it is an alan frame made for or at least badged up as a british eagle
the alan ones dont have the straight seat stays ,the ones i've seen that is
like samus's one

John":1aa8w3wy said:
Not really. For it's modern / futuristic looks ultimately it was an evolutionary dead end.

Still a very nice looking bike, the smoothness of the frame with it's flowing form are just magic.

Thought might be a difficult choice until I saw the Miyatas - carbon AND gold bits! Though the Alans are also v nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back